I just got the deal of a lifetime (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The pig is here. I have decided not to rebuild the carb. A replacement Weber is on the way, along with the rest of a $1200 order from Cruiser Corps.

It is really only the NH character that is being a PITA, everyone else has been fine. I have ignored him, so it should calm down. I am not a liar, and I do not tolerate being called one.

One thing that I have found is that the right rear lower seat mount is broken. No problem, I can machine a new mount faster than I can find and have one delivered. The rear lower seat catch is not working, but I can fix that in no time. Two of the four doors actually lock, I will pull the skins off this weekend and figure out how to fix those. That will probably take a little machining too. I can make a part that is not easily available, so I am not too worried about small details like that. I need to weld a couple of door window frames, but again, no problem.

I crawled underneath, greased the front end, and inspected the frame and I liked what I saw, less rust than my 2000 Tacoma, and everything solid. I will pull the rear jump seats, put in a liner that gives my symbiont dog better traction, and go from there.

I'm not CIA, I have no access to A-bombs, I just don't really find it necessary to post photos except when I have something new. Right now I am still evaluating what I do and do not need. I also don't see the need for other folks to make decisions for me, or demands on me. If you don't like that fact, don't follow the thread. I am considering whether this is the right venue for me. I have no need for other peoples demands, I already pretty much do everything for myself anyway.......

I am considering whether this is the right venue for me.

Dude, I agree. These dumb pig lickers are way too freaking demanding. Like you guys have to stop being such needy little girls and just like work on your own rigs, or wait, you just wanna see mine!!!

Written communication is efficient but the least effective. It may look like people are being dicks but nobody is forcing you to do anything. Take chill pill and drink in the commradery and wealth of Pig info.

One thing that I have found is that the right rear lower seat mount is broken. No problem, I can machine a new mount faster than I can find and have one delivered. The rear lower seat catch is not working, but I can fix that in no time. Two of the four doors actually lock, I will pull the skins off this weekend and figure out how to fix those. That will probably take a little machining too. I can make a part that is not easily available, so I am not too worried about small details like that. I need to weld a couple of door window frames, but again, no problem.

I crawled underneath, greased the front end, and inspected the frame and I liked what I saw, less rust than my 2000 Tacoma, and everything solid. I will pull the rear jump seats, put in a liner that gives my symbiont dog better traction, and go from there.

No offense, but really reading this from start, 800 original miles and there are broken seats, ????? One would expect a lot less wear with this.

I'm not CIA, I have no access to A-bombs, I just don't really find it necessary to post photos except when I have something new. Right now I am still evaluating what I do and do not need. I also don't see the need for other folks to make decisions for me, or demands on me. If you don't like that fact, don't follow the thread. I am considering whether this is the right venue for me. I have no need for other peoples demands, I already pretty much do everything for myself anyway.......
Careful there junior. There's more combined knowledge about these obscure trucks here than you'll find anywhere else on the planet. I don't count as part of it, just an observer gathering as much knowledge as I can before my own pig lands. I won't make a demand of you, but if I may make a recommendation, think twice before you burn a bridge here. You may need some help after all, even from "that NH character". :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom