Hzj75 gear box top access panel screws (in cab) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello members of mud. Im a newbie here and thought id make my first post about what im currently doing.
So im re doing the interior, and i came across this:

Its not fully sealing and daylight is visable when its screwed in. I fear it flooding down the track as well as rusting, so i just want to see if any of you guys have had the same problem and have dealt with it and came up with a fix, or even just throw an idea my way and ill make the trip to the hardware. All of this is very new to me, being a young fella trying to build this beauty up on my own with no background, has my brain going mad. o_O
But all ideas are considered exept resulting to just leaving it be and sealing it up with a sealant. Because i plan on having her for a long time and want to take big trips around down here in aus.

Welcome to MUD. I'm mystified as to why you have that gap. Is something bent or has there been a bad accident repair in the past?
Do the holes line up so you can bolt it down?
The other reason to seal it properly is to avoid deadly exhaust fumes from getting into the cab.
Post up some pics and details of the rest of your ute (or is it a troopy?)

Hi. Thanks for replying!
I have this unbolted but before i unbolted it there was a gap and i could see my gear box, and yes i do smell fumes at around 80 - 100km/h, i will bolt it back together later on today and send more pics showing what im on about.

Some of the 7* series have different shaped floors. But I'm not sure if it affects the gearbox cover plate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom