Hyperdip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Haven’t seen much on hyperdip - anyone done it yet? It’s newer and supposed to be more for auto use than regular plastidip.

This shows a diy application looks pretty good.. curious if any had any regrets or regrets with plastidip for a chrome delete or use of hyperdip?

No feedback yet, but I have a hyperdip kit at the house that I am going to try on the trim once I have decent temps. I'm using the anthracite.

No feedback yet, but I have a hyperdip kit at the house that I am going to try on the trim once I have decent temps. I'm using the anthracite.
Awesome - same here I think ill pull the trigger today - im thinking Texas temps will be good enough to go for it.. Although the video I posted seems like it was in Canada - (His accent Ehhhhh) and all the snow outside - I know he had a heather though?

Yeah, I think 50 degrees F or higher is recommended?

My garage temps are hovering between 33 and 35 F. The garage is insulated and heated with a BigMaxx propane heater. That's fine for mechanical work, but it has open combustion, so paint fumes are not recommended.

I went with the wheel kit, since it seemed to be the best deal, for the amount of material you get. It'll be way more than I need, but I'll have plenty for touch ups or other projects.

B5E0B77E-7221-4ECA-8B95-9D8D2669E5D8.jpeg

I think this looks pretty nice. Any concern for overspray with the 2 other cars in his garage? Peeling looks like a total PIA. Same with Plastidip?

I think this looks pretty nice. Any concern for overspray with the 2 other cars in his garage? Peeling looks like a total PIA. Same with Plastidip?
Are you saying peeling after the application off the paint etc... or peeling down the road.

He has another video of him washing the car and also highlighting what his wheels look like 5 years later after Plastidip - i was pretty impressed

Are you saying peeling after the application off the paint etc... or peeling down the road.

He has another video of him washing the car and also highlighting what his wheels look like 5 years later after Plastidip - i was pretty impressed

Peeling after the application. I watched it again. Looks like you really need to be patient and take your time peeling it off the paint after application. Overall, I'm impressed.

I have no experience with Hyper dip. But one helpful trick with Plasti Dip is to make sure it is thick enough. So if you are doing an emblem, tape around it a couple inches away from the emblem. And then do multiple layers od the spray. when you pull the tape the dip is likely to come off with it. And if not you have a clean edge to grab on to.

I plasti dipped the wheels on an LR3 about 6 or 7 years ago. We ran it through the automatic car wash with the wheel brushes for years. It's been sold a couple times but, I still see it around town and the wheels still look good. Another thing, when you get your tires balanced and they move the weights, just blast some more plasti dip on the bare spot and carry on.
Best,
Robert

I did my door panel trim. It’s a thinner product than standard PlastiDip, and it took more coats than I expected for such a small area. I think I used close to two cans. It came out okay, but a little blotchier than I would like.

7158E7D8-5793-45FD-862B-96C12B3FEAD6.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom