HSORVP This Weekend (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey bud- I might be up for doing something Saturday...

Sounds good. I'll be in a greenish 93 Cruizah with the orange duct-tape racing stripes. It's kinda hard to miss :)

Probably won't make it....

Dang : > /

I pulled the doors and rear hatch off the Cruizah last night. I figure it reduced my weight by about 500 pounds. Shawty, snap!!!

Jordan, what kind of tires were you running yesterday? They looked weird. They ain'tlpermanent, are they?

Dang : > /

I pulled the doors and rear hatch off the Cruizah last night. I figure it reduced my weight by about 500 pounds. Shawty, snap!!!
You going with tube doors now or are you ridin' dirty?

Since you now have now deleted the doors, how much of a pain would it be to reinstall them?

Jordan, what kind of tires were you running yesterday? They looked weird. They ain'tlpermanent, are they?
Yeah?! Well... YOU look weird!!! ,,!,, :) ,,!,,

Those are Maxxis short course stickies. They're a 35x12.5/17 and have a very soft tread compound. I like to try out new tires, and these have been pretty impressive. They would be a permanent solution if they were more like a 37-40. They will be replaced soon with a set of 37" Treps. The end game is to run 39" red labels, but that will happen after the chop.
You going with tube doors now or are you ridin' dirty?

Since you now have now deleted the doors, how much of a pain would it be to reinstall them?
The least fun part of putting these back on will be threading the wiring harness into those little body holes while holding the doors up and trying to get a bolt in them. If I were to take them off and on a lot, I would slot the bottom hole of each tab on the door to drop them onto a bolt that is slightly threaded into the body. That makes life much easier. I assume you are asking to see if it's worth it to do the same for your 80?

No doors, no tube doors, just ridin' durty. Eventually there will be tube bars there when the top gets a chop.

Had a great day at the park. Drug diff almost every where I went. Dang't! I also found when I got home that the panhard mount has all but separated from the frame. Even the tube brace that runs from the passenger side to the mount on the driver's side has let go. I'm not sure what the hell I hit or maybe someone else hit, but it took a decent hit to jar all that loose?????

Bronco run at the park this weekend, and several other people / Jeeps / Crawlers will be there. Ya'll are welcome to join, though I won't be able to make it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom