How to unlock all locks with one press (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The owners manual says it can be done but must be done at the dealer...Anyone know how to make one press of the unlock button unlock ALL doors? 2004 LC

Last edited:
I'd like to know how to program the auto headlights sensitivity without using a proprietary thingy.

Anybody know if this can be done?

Anyone know which of these features can be programmed on the '03 LC?

Tinkerer,

Possibly old news, but there is a knob on the dash on the passenger side that you rotate to adjust the sensitivity of the light sensor.

Pete

ppressle said:
Tinkerer,

Possibly old news, but there is a knob on the dash on the passenger side that you rotate to adjust the sensitivity of the light sensor.

Pete

Where exactly? I've never seen this.

anyway i can get any of these options hoser listed on my 03 LC???? and if so must i go to the dealer, or is there anyway i can do it myself???

clarification. I have a rotating light sensor knob on my 99 cruiser. I don't know if the lx has this. Seems like some of the programmable options listed in the pdf would not be applicable to the cruiser and this knob could be different as well.

I believe the rotating knob light sensor was used through 2002.

hoser said:
Yes, I believe the dealer has to program it with a proprietary tool. FYI, there is more you can customize than just the door locks. Here is a list for the LX470:

http://www.lexus.com/assets/models/warranty_protection/maintenance/LX470_CustomerSelectionForm.pdf

I thought I add to this thread. I took my 04 LX yesterday to the Lexus dealer to have the setting set to my preferences. The gal that coordinated the service was a bit confused as their docs listed 2005 and up on the LX. She brought the Tech guy out with a Toyota scanner to confirm. He plugged it in under the dash and after a minute or two, he said, "Ya we can do it"!
10 minutes later I was good to go.

Last edited:
tabraha said:
Have you done any of this on your '98 yet? I see a couple of things I'd like to take advantage of and was curious if they all work for us with early 470's.
The pdf I posted for the Lexus options is part of the LPS (Lexus Personalized Settings) which I believe is for '05+. From '03 and up it was called C-best (Customized Body Electronics System) but I think it was basically the same thing. '98-'02 owners are SOL on these options. :crybaby:

There is one option that '03+ 100's can adjust themselves. That is the automatic door locking mechanism. Useless to me but somebody might be interested...

Mode 1 - Automatic locking operation linked to shift lever position.
All doors automatically locked when the shift level is moved out of "P" position after the ignition switch is turned to the "ON" position and all the doors are closed.

Mode 2 - Automatic locking linked to vehicle speed
All doors are automatically locked when the vehicle goes above 12mph.

Mode 3 - Automatic locking operation linked to the ignition switch
All doors are automatically unlocked when the driver's door is opened within 10 seconds after the ignition switch is turned to the "ACC" or "LOC" position, or the key is removed.

Mode 4 - All doors are automatically unlocked when the selector lever is moved to the "P" position after the ignition switch is turned to the "ON" position.

Programming

Mode 1 (automatic operation linked to the shift lever position)
1. Set the parking brake, close all doors and turn the ignition switch to the "ON" position.
2. Shift the lever to the "P" position.
3. Press the driver's side power door lock switch on the front side for about 5 seconds, within 10 seconds after the ignition switch is turned to the "ON" position.
4. The doors will be locked and unlocked to indicate the function is set.
To cancel the function, do the above operation again.

Mode 2 (Automatic locking linked to vehicle speed)
1. Set the parking brake, close all doors and turn the ignition switch to the "ON" position.
2. Shift the selector lever from "P" to the "N" position.
3. Press the driver's side power door lock switch on the front side for about 5 seconds, within 10 seconds after the ignition switch is turned to the "ON" position.

Mode 3 (automatic unlocking linked to the ignition switch)
2. Shift the selector lever from "P" to the "N" position.
3. Press the driver's side power door lock switch on the rear side for about 5 seconds, within 10 seconds after the ignition switch is turned to the "ON" position.

Mode 4 (automatic unlocking linked to shift position)
2. Shift the selector lever into th "P" position.
3. Press the driver's side power door lock switch on the rear side for about 5 seconds, within 10 seconds after the ignition switch is turned to the "ON" position.

ShottsUZJ100 said:
WOW....I want the power windows down option. Anybody done it? Or is it LExus only?

It seems like the computer would be the same for both the LC and the Lexus. Have you tried it yet? I am gonna try tonight (if I remember) & report back on this.

Gene3x said:
It seems like the computer would be the same for both the LC and the Lexus. Have you tried it yet? I am gonna try tonight (if I remember) & report back on this.

Just tried it on my 2001. I held the UNLOCK button for several seconds though the windows DIDN'T go down. ANY way to change that? Anybody? I'd LUV this feature here in hot AZ!

ShottsUZJ100 said:
Just tried it on my 2001. I held the UNLOCK button for several seconds though the windows DIDN'T go down. ANY way to change that? Anybody? I'd LUV this feature here in hot AZ!

if it can be done, it will have to be done at the dealer. the options that are customizable are part of the C-BEST system that lexus and toyota offers, C-BEST stands for "Customized Body Electronics" System and is programmed through the scan-tool

CTapia thats a nice piece of info!

I always wished my doors locked at 13mph and I had delay headlights. Most of my other cars had those saftey features. I would love to find out if I could programm my 98 to do this. Anybody gonna try? I don't really have a good Toyota stealership near me. vbmenu_register("postmenu_943459", true);

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom