How To - Need Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone tell me how to take the old factory Cd/Cassette out of a '93 FZJ80?

:) HATMAN

hatman406080 said:
Can anyone tell me how to take the old factory Cd/Cassette out of a '93 FZJ80?

:) HATMAN

Could you give a little more detail? Are you just looking for what it takes to get to the unit? I just had my dash apart this morning, should've taken pictures!

Rich J

you'll have to take the lower instrument panel off to get the factory unit out. a couple screws and a lot of disconnetions. a factory service manual is helpful with screw locations etc.

Remove ash tray. pop out little cubby hole where cup holder should be. Unscrew the screws hidden behind those 2. Look for any more screws. Then gently pry the black trim out while unhooking connectors. Remove 4 or 6 screws on radio. Pull radio harness. You are done.

93 are different than the 97 mooker82. In the 93 you have to pull the plastic from around the steering wheel , which takes removing the ash tray and unhooking any switches that are in the plastic trim piece. all this need to be done with out breaking the plastic trim piece(it is a pain). Once this is removed then you can then unscrew the screws that hold the head unit in. then unhook the wiring on the back side. good luck robbie

Did not even think about the dash style on a 93. DOH.

:) IT 'S DONE THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP.

HATTRICK.

'75 fj40 stock 90,000+
'87 fj60 worktruck 230,000+
'93 fzj80 arb/kaymar 245,000+ :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom