How do you feel about purchasing a Rebuilt/Salvaged title fj60??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My current FJ60 has a rebuildable salvage title on it. After total inspection it turns out it’s from a accident to the door and rear bumper. To this day it stall has that dent.
Insurance though will be a little higher depending on the type of salvage. I’m ok with it cause the truck runs and drives everyday without hesitation.

Insurance though will be a little higher depending on the type of salvage. I’m ok with it cause the truck runs and drives everyday without hesitation.

This and some states are picky about that salvage title.
Virginia for example you need list of parts, labor costs, repair appraisal, insurance company appraisal etc. Then to use it on the road you need a rebuilt title. For a rebuilt title you need the original salvage title, safety inspection, picture of the car before the repairs. (Information was pulled from the DMV). Even one from another state is a PITA in Virginia.

So no I would never buy one even in Virginia. To much hassle.

Here in CA believe it or not it went well.
I just needed to do a Highway patrol inspection. And then an insurance inspection.
Both verified ViN number checked lights.seatbelts, and smog equipment.
And I was good to go.
But my insurance Is a little higher.

If you can handle having a truck that's maybe half as much of a financial asset in case of emergency as it really ought to be, and same deal for if you ever wanted to trade up/across to a different truck, no big deal. If you'd be ruined by wrecking the thing and not being able to have comprehensive/collision coverage...probably worth spending more/getting a worse truck that's got a clean title. If you're in a spot where writing off ~15k worth of modded truck on your taxes that year would help as much as the insurance you'd otherwise have with a clean title, maybe it's a good idea again.

Those are some things that come to mind for me. But, I'm poor and lucked into my 60 for a song, years ago, so I'm 100% in the 'only car, probably too expensive to keep running than a smarter man would choose with my salary, need insurance to replace if some uninsured idiot runs a red' camp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom