How do I re-grease windshield wiper motor linkage? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My windshield wiper move at a snail's speed, I my thought is that either the grease in the linkage is too sticky or the motor has an issue. I took it all apart and was going to take out all the grease and replace it, but what kind of grease goes back in there?
Has anybody done this? I am sure someone here has.

Otherwise, how do I test the motor for proper performance?

Thank you so much already!

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

The very small amount of grease on the pivot points won’t cause your problem. Yours don’t even look very bad.

The wiper motor is what is making them slow. It is either getting worn inside or you are getting poor voltage to it. Test the electrical side of things on your wiper motor per the FSM. After that you can tear down the motor and clean it.

Any grease on the pivot points or inside the wiper motor will be MP grease or white lithium. I use either when working on these kinds of parts. Dialect grease also works well on any electrical parts. I keep a can of clear synthetic MP grease around that I use for all kinds of things, it is my go to grease in the shop.

Cheers

The very small amount of grease on the pivot points won’t cause your problem. Yours don’t even look very bad.

The wiper motor is what is making them slow. It is either getting worn inside or you are getting poor voltage to it. Test the electrical side of things on your wiper motor per the FSM. After that you can tear down the motor and clean it.

Any grease on the pivot points or inside the wiper motor will be MP grease or white lithium. I use either when working on these kinds of parts. Dialect grease also works well on any electrical parts. I keep a can of clear synthetic MP grease around that I use for all kinds of things, it is my go to grease in the shop.

Cheers
Thank you so much! I'll give all that a try!
Going to get some now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom