How do I join? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have really enjoyed meeting the people from Yankee Toys recently and was wondering what I could do to join.

I dont have a lot of time. I want to be up front about that.

At times, I really want to hang out with people who want to hear what I am interested in. My wife has grown tired of my ramblings.

We saw 10 seconds of Lost Boys last week.
It happened to be the first 10 minutes or so and we both knew I was waiting to see the 55 before changing the channel.

She doesnt deserve that.

I went to an open meeting waaaaaay back in 2000 or 2001 on Rt. 9 at a restaurant.
I dont remember the name of it. I do remember seeing a 40 that a guy and his dad had put a 22R into
and a sprung-over 60.

Anyways, I love wrenching and wheeling. I hate wrenching by myself, but have been doing it for years.
I like people but dont always have time for them.
I feel guilty for that, but I am stretched thin with all of the things I am interested in doing.
When I have the time, I'm 100% or nothing. I think thats fair because I feel that is what is expected of me,
and that is what I can bring to the table. If I can help, I will be there.

Do I fit in somewhere?

I think just reaching out and seeing if people need help, parts, etc is a great way to start. You helped me with my clutch out of nowhere which was very cool. YT is a very small time commitment but MUD is a much bigger time-suck. I think most people's trucks are heading into hibernation soon so plenty of wrenching ahead. I know I need some help! Spring meeting, some organized and unorganized runs etc will help you meet people.

I agree on the "driving the wife nuts" part. I freaked out cuz of a 60 series in some dumb commercial the other night.

Join! We have 70 plus members, might have a dozen or so that do the club work.
20 or so that wheel on a regular basis. Like John said, you'll waste more time here on Mud than
with the club! Our wives don't understand us at all!

We'd love to have you! :) We don't have any huge time requirements, though we are always looking for more folks to get involved withe the day to day running of the club, trail cuts, event planning, etc.

Details:
Membership in Yankee Toys is $25 per year, new members also get a YT Sticker. Membership runs Oct. 1 – Oct. 1. and is a requirement for many Yankee Toys trail runs and events including Fall Gathering.

Hit me up on email if you'd like to know more.

David Morin
sporin@gmail.com

you also have to sacrifice your first born to become a member...why do we still have that :meh:

kidding, yeah what sporin said

there are some club get to gathers that a good way to meet some new people too, hope to see you around

,nat

Thanks for the support. I sent you an email Dave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom