How about a sort option? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Woody,
Maybe this would help instead of creating a faq section (or maybe in addition to, or then again, maybe it's a dumbass idea). Is there a way you could create the ability for us to sort by number of views within a technical section? So for example, you could see the theads in the 80/100 section by the quantity of views? If this was doable, we could possibly have a thread in each forum etc, where there was one thread that listed just different part numbers etc. or frequent topics like birf replacement could come up easily.

Just a thought. :flipoff2:

[glow=black,2,2] Most views would be an interesting parameter . By that I am referring to the nature of threads most viewed . Sometimes they have great merit , other times they don't . Some are viewed based on they're humour and other times they are RE-viewed more than anything ... case in point : 'Where are you guys from ??' . That sort of thread will receive a gross inflation of views simply because we all want to review where guys are hollerin from .

I wonder if there is a more qualitative approach to tagging threads . Quality of info , versus quantity of views ... hence the need for someone to cull thru them and pick those that merit segregation into a FAQ's page .

Then again , the 'IH8MUD's Most Viewed Threads' might be an amusing and perhaps even useful approach . Remind me to use Opera's auto-reload feature when I find a thread that I'd like to get to the top of the list :flipoff2:[/glow]

[glow=black,2,2]T Y L E R - It's the tequila talkin now ... :p

[color=0000FF]T[/color][color=0008FF]O[/color][color=0010FF]Y[/color][color=0018FF]O[/color][color=0020FF]T[/color][color=0028FF]A [/color][color=0030FF]F[/color][color=0038FF]Z[/color][color=0040FF]J[/color][color=0048FF]8[/color][color=0050FF]0 [/color][color=0058FF]C[/color][color=0060FF]R[/color][color=0068FF]U[/color][color=0070FF]I[/color][color=0078FF]S[/color][color=0080FF]E[/color][color=0088FF]R[/color][color=0090FF]S [/color][color=0098FF]R[/color][color=00A0FF]O[/color][color=00A8FF]C[/color][color=00B0FF]K [/color][color=00B8FF]![/color][color=00C0FF]![/color][color=00C8FF]![/color][/glow]

I was talking to Junk about this a few days ago. Seems that if once we get the MY FAVORITE THREADS added, it might become unnecessary, but would still be a great place for newbies to get all the good info. The way that I invisioned it....those that have the power, ie, Woody, or the monitors could just add the popular threads to the FAQs when needed, and if a thread were to come up that seemed to become of interest, we could always vote on it. I can already think of like 20 that need to be there.

Best oil
Tire size
birf repack
bearing repack
slow windows
cb install
which grease to use
What's Tyler's Moma's phone number.

I could go on and on. :flipoff2:

I Love the FAQ sticky for the top of each forum....we WILL need to add a couple additional mods for that tho, IE: someone to manage it, even just that one single post.

The new/updated forum software has a sorting option for each section...haven't played with all the features, but might help there too. Hope to experiment with that upgrade later in February.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom