Horn issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So my horns, like normal haven't worked very well. Today I was mess around with them and installing new Hella super tones. One of the PO's had a jumper from ground wire on the drivers side horn to the passengers side. I decided to not wire up a relay for the Hella's just to see how they sounded spliced into the factory wiring. Well, I removed the jumper to try to figure out what the issue was and of course obviously, the passenger side isn't working. I'm guessing the ground wire is broken somewhere along the harness since I'm getting 12v on the positive side. My question is where's a common place that this may have broken and where is a good location to test on the harness to start testing? Are there any diagrams of the harnesses themselves.

The factory repair manual has all the wiring diagrams. You haven’t said what year and model you have but here’s the appropriate diagram from the oct. 1984 manuals (covering FJ, BJ, HJ, 6_ and 7_ series)
9E0999CF-3E5A-4582-8F23-4E80DC4DDD75.jpeg

The factory repair manual has all the wiring diagrams. You haven’t said what year and model you have but here’s the appropriate diagram from the oct. 1984 manuals (covering FJ, BJ, HJ, 6_ and 7_ series)
View attachment 2507446

Aww yes, sorry. 1988 FJ62.
I’ve been using the diagrams in the tech pages which usually has all the info I need. But for troubleshooting a harness issue I need a bit more.

1606435459083.gif

Pulled this from the 1988 FJ62 Repair manual, basically the same thing you posted @roalco. The issue I have is with the RH green wire. I need to find a connector midway trough the circuit to test at.

1606439777497.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom