Wanted Horn Brush for FJ40 - see pic (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for this part that attaches to the turn signal housing (in case someone has one they have parted out).
Horn Brush.JPG

I need one too ... or any advice on how to recondition it?

I need one too ... or any advice on how to recondition it?
Bought a used one from cruiser corps - not an exact fit and had to drill out hole to make it fit. Also nub that makes the contact broke off and I soldered a new nub on and it worked....

Thanks. I think my nub is worn enough to loose contact during rotation ... as I watch it, it only contacts ring about 20% of full rotation. I wondered about adding material by soldering. I read somewhere that the nub is brass? What material did you solder on the tip?

I made on from a piece of spring steel (i used a thin piece from a wood scraper). I used a brass screw for the "nub". Threaded it into the hole then soldered and cut off the extra threads. Took a little finessing but been working for 2 years no problems. Hope I didn't just jinx myself!

I made on from a piece of spring steel (i used a thin piece from a wood scraper). I used a brass screw for the "nub". Threaded it into the hole then soldered and cut off the extra threads. Took a little finessing but been working for 2 years no problems. Hope I didn't just jinx myself!
Thanks!

late model 1979

up for grabs

View attachment 1592022
I don't want to jump in front of Ollanik, who asked first, but sent a PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom