Honda generator EM650? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
Threads
guy has an older Honda EM650 generator for sale. He says 10 years old, probably more. Somewhat of a precursor to the current EU series I imagine. Maybe not as light as the contemporary EX650?

Anybody knows anything about those? Any good? And yes, I realize it's pretty small.

guy has an older Honda EM650 generator for sale. He says 10 years old, probably more. Somewhat of a precursor to the current EU series I imagine. Maybe not as light as the contemporary EX650?

Anybody knows anything about those? Any good? And yes, I realize it's pretty small.

Yes, its small, I would contact your local Honda Power Dealer and see if they can get parts. That is a 450 Watt Generator. I would go for a newer EU 1000 watt generator.

The new units are EU1000 and EU2000. The place I used to work at in Pompano Beach, was selling an EU 2000 for 899.00 without local sales tax.

Mark
Mark

I have one of 'em. It's a good generator and quiet. I wouldn't pay too much for it though. It's very heavy by today's standard. I run the lights and TV in my house when the power goes off. It seems to do just fine. I don't know if parts are still available for it but knowing Honda, they are.

yes, I (vaguely) remember seeing them at something like 50 lbs.

I did see parts on the web but didn't call to see if they really have them yet.

What would be a price that would make you forego getting a EU1000i?

I would think the price would be the limiting factor..

I wouldn't go much over $100. I tried trading mine in on a 1000watt and was told, by the dealer, that he'd give me $50.00 for it. I didn't take his offer and elected to keep the 650. It works for what I need.

yes, I could see $100 or only a bit more for such an older model, if in good shape.
Guy is asking $350... :rolleyes:

Gotta say, though, that the EUis are keeping their value up there when used. Most used ones I've seen were close to the full new price.... Sure are expensive to start with, though, compared to most of the field.

Honda makes a good product. My 650 runs great. Takes a little starter fluid to get it going though. I think that the EUi's are able to support a computer whereas the EM650 is not. Yes, $350.00 is very steep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom