Homelink (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am having a hell of a time trying to get the homelink in my 05 LX to link up with my garage door opener. I have tried both ways. My garage door opener has a learn button it, but I press that and then follow the steps of pressing the homelink button 2 times in the LX and nothing ever happens.

I am having a hell of a time trying to get the homelink in my 05 LX to link up with my garage door opener. I have tried both ways. My garage door opener has a learn button it, but I press that and then follow the steps of pressing the homelink button 2 times in the LX and nothing ever happens.
I used this and worked for me HomeLink

Sometimes you have to press it a third time. I just did this last night. Worked for me. Make sure the car is close.

I remember reading Homelink changed a while ago, that's why i'm hoping my garage door opener doesn't break (I have a 2001). Not sure if it's true though.

Is the garage door opener new? A year or two ago I had to replace my garage door opener and the new Chamberlain unit I installed used an updated signal/frequency that wasn't backward compatible with the homelink unit in our cars. The fix is to buy something called a 'compatibility bridge.' Once installed, the compatibility bridge receives the signal from your car then sends a signal to the new garage door opener. Works as you'd expect once it's all set up.

You may have to 'reset' the HomeLink by holding it in for 20 seconds until the PO's code has been cleared.

I tried about 20 times to get my HomeLink working. I cycled through all three buttons with no luck. Once I held the button in and cleared the codes (indicated by the light) from the PO, it worked as described in the manual. There is a video on this somewhere on the web or this forum but sadly, I did not save it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom