hj75 troopy springs recommendations? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, wondering if there is an all time favourite leaf spring setup? There is so much out there.

I do not necessarily want to lift but I would like not to sag so much when I carry heavy loads like bricks. I probably try to take too many at a time. Not too worried about comfort. I have put in dobinsons anti inversion greasable shackles as they seem like a good idea.

Excuse my ignorance, but does one have to lift to get extra weight bearing capacity? Does lifting change handling, wear and tear? After all they were designed for the original split rim size without lift.

I kept my tyres and rims as standard as possible to the original split rims and skinny dunlops with tubeless 235/85r16 tyres on 16x 7 rims.
1989 ex fire brigade hj75 troopy. Oz

Hi all, wondering if there is an all time favourite leaf spring setup? There is so much out there.

I do not necessarily want to lift but I would like not to sag so much when I carry heavy loads like bricks. I probably try to take too many at a time. Not too worried about comfort. I have put in dobinsons anti inversion greasable shackles as they seem like a good idea.

Excuse my ignorance, but does one have to lift to get extra weight bearing capacity? Does lifting change handling, wear and tear? After all they were designed for the original split rim size without lift.

I kept my tyres and rims as standard as possible to the original split rims and skinny dunlops with tubeless 235/85r16 tyres on 16x 7 rims.
1989 ex fire brigade hj75 troopy. Oz
(Oh and I also plan to do some heavy towing too)

I have had Ultimate suspension on my 1987 hj75 table top for 30 yrs, have changed shocks a few times but all still going good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom