HJ75 Speedo cable options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Might be a long shot but is there a some sort of aftermarket electronic speedo cable/sender for the HJ75? The physical cable has always resulted in a jumpy speedo which drives me mad and I'm a bit over having to replace it when it finally gives up and breaks.

I've replaced the cable itself several times over the years which is part of the annoyance.

What other parts are there? The only other parts involved are the gearbox and the instrument cluster in the dash unless I'm missing something. I just want to do away with the mechanical cable if possible.

What other parts are there? The only other parts involved are the gearbox and the instrument cluster in the dash unless I'm missing something. I just want to do away with the mechanical cable if possible.
yeah those are the other parts I was referring to. unhook the cable and run a gps app on your phone?

Some of the aftermarket cables need to be lubed with lock lubricant, ptfe , like repco or drivetec. If not lubed they don't last long, also they really need to be inserted fully or they fail quickly too. I have had hit and miss longevity from the aftermarket ones about $20aud. I got a spare ome (by far a higher quality item) but the drivetec seems to be good for a few years now. I think the ome cost $50-60 from amayama, they can last 30 years.

I use to use a garmin satnav which gave satellite speedo readings, how accurate can't say for sure, pretty close. Before I got a fangled phone with the lady interrupting the tunes by giving directions..

I am usually one of the slowest in my hj75 anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom