For Sale "HJ62" for sale/trade in North Florida (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tofudebeest's carcass for sale.

Totally DONE FJ62 body. The rear half is in great shape, zero rust. The front 3/4 of the roof are toast. The liftgate and tailgate are perfect (Ok, the inside of tailgate has the ubiquitous concave bow to it..., but zero rust). Rear doors are intact. Driver and passenger front doors are fuct, as is the hood and passenger front quarter panel.

Naturally aspirated 2H motor, runs VERY strong. Last time I got the compression checked was sometime in late 2007, and the numbers were as reported here:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/diesel-tec...-more-2h-compression-numbers.html#post4622942
When I first got the HJ60 ("Sheila"), there were just under 300,000 kilometers on it, or ~186,000 miles. It now has something in the neighborhood of 215,000 miles on it.

This rig also has an H55F, and an 85-87 transfercase. The 5-speed (new, crate) and transfercase (used) were bought in 2007 and have between 20 and 25K miles on them. The transfercase has always been leaky, and I have a rebuild kit from Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters, still in the shipping box.

The rig is SUA and has what is 95% surely a Terrain Tamer/HABU 3" lift (Aussie), which appear to be heavy/heavy. The rear springs give the truck a bit of a stinkbug stance, but I imagine removing a leaf from the rear would make the truck sit flat.

The frame is in excellent condition.

*Note, critical for some people, others not so much...
I deleted the entire EDIC system, and the truck is shut down with a rod that runs from a knob in the cab, through the firewall, and when pushed, pushes the fuel cutoff to the stop position.

I plan on taking a video of the motor running and will try and post it, but it will be a few days, as I have some crud my kids gave me, and am home, in bed with a fever...

Front axle redone about 10,000 miles ago, and I did the tie rod ends, pitman arm, etc., as you can see here (post 505):
https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/182582-sheilas-evisceration-birth-hj62-tofudebeest-11.html

$4,000 cash. I'll go the eBay route, if I hafta. Or, I may part this out...
$2,000 for just the transmission and transfercase (with so few miles on it, that's a STEAL!). $2,000 for the 2H and peripherals. $500 for the springs.

PM me if you're interested.

I am interested in a CLEAN 3rd generation 4Runner, but well below 100,000 miles, and cloth only, and it does not necessarily have to be a straight swap...I can bring some coin to the deal too. Also interested possibly in a Taco Crew Cab, or dare I say, an FJ Cruiser, though the latter two are not going to be easy to figure out a trade for...financing will be tricky, and I am going to be picky about those trucks...

where?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I want that 2h.

Bump... I'd be on this if I had the funds.

Sorry. I came to my senses and am KEEPING her. Now looking for a new shell...

Nice choice. :). Or... you could be looking for a crapped out 80... :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom