HJ61 recovery near port alberni... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GTSSportCoupe

2LTE abuser
Threads
I have word a young fella and two friends are high centered in an hj61 near 5040 mountain west of port alberni. Truck is on small lift and 33s. They called out on one of those zoleo units apparently, and are being located by search and rescue right now. It's possible they will need help recovering the truck at a later time.

Anyone know someone in port alberni who has a capable vehicle who might be interested? I will post more as this plays out. It's possible one of the local tow companies will be willing to try. I'm not familiar with the area at all. Not much to go on at this point.

I’m in Georgia. Got a text from his dad. Same message. I’d just warned him about staying out
of the snow, but there were 3 trucks in the group. Let’s hope they are still together as a group
and no one bailed out.

Just one truck, but three kids Jon. Not a good idea, and hopefully a learning experience. Snow storm coming too. Might be a spring recovery, lol.

Just heard an update, and there will be trucks heading for recovery today.

Update:

So kids were extracted by SAR last night on a side by side on tracks. Someone from port alberni in a well prepared jeep tried to get to the truck today, but only made it 2/3 of the way due to conditions.....

I'm half thinking of trying to set a day aside to head up there. This is about the worst week possible as far as work goes tho....

Last edited:
Truck was recovered today in good shape. Hopefully young feller learned a thing or too. Like pack a shovel, don't start wheeling after it's dark already, and travel with at least one other truck in challenging conditions....:rolleyes:. But maybe that's just the grumpy old man in me...

We have burn ourselves to know that fire is hot. Although testosterone to a young man can be very blinding as can cause non-rational decision making.

I have been stuck in the bushes with 2 other friends for the 24, 25 and finally got out on the 26th of December. Its a good story to tell. I am happy that all those boys got out safe and didn't have to strip down naked and cuddle together like we did. J/K

Couple horrible resolution videos and a picture of the guys that did the recovery (from Port Alberni).

IMG_20220201_092353.jpg

Guess truck is back in Victoria. Look who was parked by me when I got out of work! Never met the young guy; just know he goes to UVic (I know his dad). Nice looking new duratracs; wonder if he tried airing down?

IMG_20220201_170848113_HDR.jpg

Likely not. I do like my DTs, and they perform very well in/on snow when aired down, but... 60s are verrrrrry heavy too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom