HJ60's in Iceland or Greenland? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Could anyone tell me whether there are HJ60's around in Iceland or Greenland. I am looking for one in these countries, but am not from there. What is the state they are in, usually? Lots of rust? Is there a internet market place I could use to buy second hand 4x4's?

Thanks.

I thought I saw one for sale on E-bay at one point in Iceland years ago. Can't recall how rusty it was but it had ambulance/barn rear doors :cool:

HJ60's are also found in Canada. Count on rust, especially in the rear parts of the frame that tended to rot badly.

Canadian rust?

Thanks for the reply. You are from British Columbia? Is it true that cars in general from the east side of Canada tend to rot more?

And if so, how come?

Cheers,
Martin.

Yes, cars back east tend to rot more because of the salt that they put on roadways in winter. Western Canada isn't immune either, all of our HJ60's, BJ60's are rotten. The west coast (wet coast) west of the Coastal MOuntain range is high humidity and metal just corrodes here, like in the eastern part of Canada (Great Lakes influence). Once you cross east of the Coastal Mountains in British Columbia and into Alberta, Saskatchewan, it is much drier and trucks seam to last better there even though they have colder winters, etc.

It is common to do a frame swap with our BJ60's and HJ60's using a gasser FJ60 from the US with a good frame.

Where do you live?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom