High pressure power steering metal line to hose adapter? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im replacing my power steering pump with the Volvo electric power steering pump. I have that part taken care of with proper adapters and clamps and the high pressure braided hose rated to 2000psi and 275F. Now I need to adapt the hose either too the steering box itself or to the metal line coming from the steering box. Id like to see if I can adapt the hose onto the metal line. This is where I ask for the help on how to get that part of the project accomplish. Or the other way where I can screw an adapter into where the metal lined thread into the power steering box. Then I can just go from there.

Any takers? There are some kudos and bragging rights involved.

you could look at gatting a hose made, mock it up, take measurements and bring it to a hose shop to make it. there was a napa near where i lived in nj that would make hoses. other option you could make your own with a length of hydraulic line and an fittings Amazon product ASIN B08KG1PCD8, Amazon product ASIN B09D8L6T73, https://www.amazon.com/Hydraulic-Hy...fos.08f69ac3-fd3d-4b88-bca2-8997e41410bb&th=1. but for the cost of the tools, hose, fittings im sure that it would be cheaper to get one made

yup, i would take the two parts you want to join to a hose shop and let them put it together.

can i ask why your doing electric? just curious about the decision/benefits

I had a hose made at princess auto, super cheap, like $50. Imperial ends though so...
I took the ends from an old 60 series hose and had a 4x4 shop make me x2 adapter ends: metric to imperial so the hose would fit in the PS box end and pump end. Only one side of the PS box is pressurized.

yup, i would take the two parts you want to join to a hose shop and let them put it together.

can i ask why your doing electric? just curious about the decision/benefits
Going electric:
--Electric Power Steering Pump.. I wanted to simplify the engine bay and take advantage of the now wide open space. Again with a switch you can turn it on with a remote switch. Like if you want to move your cruiser without starting it for what ever reason.
--Electric Fan.. done.... clears a ton of real-estate up in the engine bay. Can also turn it on when needed with a optional switch.
--Electric Water Pump... Still on the bench. But conjoined to the E-Fan you can leave both on with a timer that will circulate coolant with the engine off. I did this with my Mini Cooper and it was nice on 103.F days helping cut down on heat saturation. But isn't why I'm going this route.
--Electric A/C... because why not you're already going "E" on everything else. And you can mount it remotely where you need it on the 70. And then put the rest of the system together.

These won't be causing parasitic drag on the engine anymore... which I doubt would be very much on a 3B. No worries on the Alt with two big arsenal batteries.,And I can always just swap out to a hi amp one. I have a brand new vacuum motor what I can also use to create vacuum.

Last edited:
I had a hose made at princess auto, super cheap, like $50. Imperial ends though so...
I took the ends from an old 60 series hose and had a 4x4 shop make me x2 adapter ends: metric to imperial so the hose would fit in the PS box end and pump end. Only one side of the PS box is pressurized.
I can do a write up if needed and try to make it short and simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom