HF ups their jack game (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Proven

RTFM, STEP 6, POST
Threads
New Daytona Jacks

They've released 4 more Daytona jacks, but these new ones are ORANGE.

I do find it interesting that Yellow and Red make Orange. The original Daytona Jack (I have it) and the Snap-on that it looks like had babies and made the new line of jacks. haha...

I have an older, very heavy orange jack from HF. It's slow. It's exactly what I needed - at the time I had first gen MR2's that were really low - engine is in the middle, and the best place to jack one of those up (for the back) is at the rear-most transmission mount.

Problem is - if the car is lowered a bit, that mount sits LOW. As in, mere inches.

Most jacks were too tall to fit under. I previously had some unknown brand of jack that had a very low start (like 2 1/2") and a high lift (like 24" or so, don't quote me - it's been 10+ years). Every rapid jack I've looked at (in the past, mind you I haven't looked in probably 10 years) has terrible range.

For instance:

Starts low, but doesn't even go to 20"
3 ton Low Profile Steel Heavy Duty Floor Jack with Rapid Pump®

Goes high, but doesn't start very low:
3 Ton Daytona™ Professional Steel Floor Jack - Super Duty

"racing" jacks are just garbage for range, this doesn't even go up 15"
1.5 Ton Aluminum Racing Floor Jack with Rapid Pump®

This is probably the closest to what I have.... except it has a larger front 'cradle' and was about 1/2 the price:
3 ton Long Reach Low Profile Steel Heavy Duty Floor Jack with Rapid Pump®

The one I have is something like 3" to 23 1/2". It's heavy, it's slow, and it works quite well. It worked at lifting the MR2 high enough to almost get the engine out (they come out the bottom easily) and just about everything needed for the FJ40, 80, and myriad of other vehicles through the decade I've had it.

I have the newest Yellow Daytona and I really like it. It lifts well and lowers better than any other jack I have used. I've used it weekly since last Christmas to lift friends cars and my own. It seems like once people know you have a good jack, they show up to use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom