Here we go again (Job Issues) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I remember a female coworker winning employee of the month one morning and getting laid off that afternoon...

congrats on your raise!!

Thanks. Ironically, the job I wanted, near my home in Iowa just came open this afternoon. Dang it. It'd be nice if there were an Easy Button in life.

So, had an interview with boss: Investigation over, no justification found for adverse action.

Except I get to attend extra paid training, "just because" they felt they needed to do "something".

All because some dip**** reported hearing something I was supposed to have said which was contradicted by every single witness (o/a 8 present).

Unfortunately, I'm a trained intel officer and the HR person isn't a good interviewer and accidentally revealed the identity of the accuser.

The pinnacle of professionalism is putting aside animosity and continuing to work with someone who intentionally tried to torpedo you or your friends. I've had way too much practice not to be able to.

Very happy to hear "the storm has passed."

Definitely sounds like the guy as an attitude toward you, so don't incriminate yourself by reacting to his BS. File the complaint and let the management deal with him. Remember what your momma taught you, "honey you can be friendly with everyone, but you can't be friends with everyone." Be nice and keep your distance.

Definitely sounds like the guy as an attitude toward you, so don't incriminate yourself by reacting to his BS. File the complaint and let the management deal with him. Remember what your momma taught you, "honey you can be friendly with everyone, but you can't be friends with everyone." Be nice and keep your distance.

Yes to all the above.

In fact, I've been super nice to this individual. It's a good practice and I can see how much it irks him.

Killing with kindness is an amazingly good tactic. The individual then chooses to either end the conflict by being good, or punish themselves. :)

I'm confident there will be something else in the future. There always is.

I am determined to fulfill my contract here, until it ends, either this fall, next spring, or next fall (we are probably going to be extended until they figure out the rebid.

Both of my incredibly talented and beautiful work partners from my time in Afghanistan are trying to find places for me with their companies. They are eager to work with me again, because they "get" me. Best possible scenario is that sometime after my tax year is up in June, I can go work for either of them.

So, for the second time in a year, I am looking at a potential job loss.

This time, the contract we are on is in trouble due to mismanagement, and management is responding by scape-goating the two easiest targets, a co-worker and I. Despite being the two biggest producers for the company, they are targeting our individual personality quirks as raison d'etre to fire us and prove they are "doing something" about the contract non-performance.

Unfortunately, I am an expat, tax exempt employee, and if I return to the US, I will owe my tax bill, plus a penalty, in full. That will pretty much wipe me out, financially.

My co-worker has been here long enough that this doesn't apply to him.

If anyone knows of an OCONUS position I can get either short- or long-term, would appreciate it. I'm an extremely flexible veteran who can make myself fit into nearly any contract. Don't have a TS clearance though.

Thanks for listening to my petty whine.

Drew

Which country do you reside? I lived in Canada for a long time but never really made enough to pay taxes to the us.

I found out 120mm is working in Afghanistan now, says he can't stay away.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom