Here is your HJ47 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Too good.

" Doors: Three Door "

No wonder. :grinpimp:

I posted it in chat too.

I posted it here because I figured Binarydude would get a kick out of it, or buy it one.

Air bags too...

im going to call tomorrow ill let yall know what he says, its GOT to be a mistake, to me even 16k seams a little cheap for a cruiser of that condition, it looks near perfect, and the guy says its fast...lol

there was a guy down there who was selling them on the cheap as he was getting out of importing... that is a great deal.... if i had the money i would get Oswald a brother.... or buy the 2008 hilux diesel engine that jsaltlicky has for sale....

well the guys phone is no longer in service so I emailed him, I hadnt got anything back yet but ill let yall know what he says if he emails me back

I've posted in chat asking someone to check it out, so I'm glad that someone's already looking into it.

That's not a good sign that his phone is no longer in service. :doh:

I e-mailed him yesterday too, but still no word...

How can he expect to sell his rig if he can't be contacted. :hillbilly:
Seems more and more like a scam... I still hope not though!

Isn't 941 a Tampa area code? 305 is Miami, like on the moving van. That seems a bit odd that the area code is not in Miami. If it is too good to be true, perhaps it is....

Cheers,

Josh

I havent got a reply from him yet, I think this is too good to be true:crybaby:

Pardon my double posting! (Also in the 45 section):

Guys,

I have a reason to believe that this rig is still available.

This is the first e-mail I received from him:

Hi there!

Sorry for the late response; something came up and I had to leave urgently
on a business trip. I wanted to let you know that the car is still
available. I had a buyer offering $6,900 but his loan was not approved.

I am selling the car for $6,000. The '82 Land Cruiser looks like new; it has
never been scratched or wrecked. The car is in great condition inside,
outside and mechanically. It will come with a clear title, bill of sale
signed by me as well and all the papers (including the original manuals and
keys) that you will need to register it under your name. This is what I've
got from the divorce settlement, and now I want to sell it because I don't
have much use for it and I could use some quick cash right now, rather than
waiting for a better offer (selling takes a lot of time too...). So I'm
willing to let it go for $6,000.00 and since I only have one, First come,
First served.

Although I am not home, we can still make the deal through eBay. I have a
purchase protection program with them (Condition Guarantee by Seller
Program), so eBay will guarantee up to $20,000 for any vehicle I sell.
Shipping is already paid, as I explained, my buyer changed his mind after I
have made the arrangements to ship the car. The trucking company would not
refund me but can ship the car to anywhere within continental US, so I've
left it at their warehouse and it's ready to ship at anytime. Also, this
purchase protection guarantees that the car is exactly as I described;
basically, once delivered, you'll have 3 days to inspect it at your home and
if you decide not to keep it you will get refunded in no time and they will
charge me with the return costs.

If you agree with these terms, please email me your shipping name and
address so I can start this process through eBay. It is not necessary to be
a registered user with eBay to benefit from their vehicle purchase
protection program.
I await your email with the requested details.
I also have photos of the car hosted on the following link:
82landcruiser_photo - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thanks

I'll put the next two on separate posts, so it wouldn't get long winded.

BTW, I'm still interested, but I asked him I would like to have somebody inspect it while it's in the shipper's yard BEFORE it gets all the way to Utah (where my in-laws live and have the vehicle shipped).

That was yesterday and I did not hear from him today (yet?)

Someone who is well-known on the board, who has purchased a couple of vehicles from him, told me that he would NOT buy another vehicle from him again...

That "should" be enough for me to stay clear of it, but...

Last edited:
#2:

Hi again

Right now the car is at the DAS (trucking company) warehouse kept in a sealed container ready for delivery and since I am not at home right now a test drive it is not possible. However I do offer an inspection period prior buying the car if we close the deal trough ebay motors vehicle purchase protection program. Let me explain you how the eBay process works.

The process works something like this:

1. You send the requested deposit amount to an eBay motors account.

2. EBay will confirm me that you have made the payment.

3. I will ship the car so you can Inspect, test and make a decision if you will keep it or not.

4. If you will not get exactly the same car that you have viewed in the ad, and also a clean title you will receive all your money back from eBay motors.

5. If everything is ok eBay motors will get the approval from you to release the funds to me.

If you agree with this process please let me know your full name and address and I will forward the details to eBay motors to set up our transaction.

Thank you for your time.

I'm fine with this except #4:

"If you will not get exactly the same car that you have viewed in the ad, and also a clean title you will receive all your money back from eBay motors."

I interpret it as that as long as it is the same vehicle you have seen pictures of and you think did bid on (and won/purchased) then you'll have to purchase it.

Am I wrong?

What if it's the same vehicle you agreed on, but the condition is not as good as you had ass-u-me-d or the pictures showed for. Tough luck?

I've asked him to give me as much vehicle detai as possible, but he has not given me much...

I promise this is the last one, but am I an idiot for still pursuing this???

ANYWAY, here's the 3rd and the last e-mail from him:

Mot

The truck has been repainted, this is not the original. I’ve sent you all the pics of the truck.

About the rust, this truck is RUST FREE, trust me.

I am an individual seller, not a dealer.

And yes, the $6,000 covers the shipping too.

Here are pics of the truck: http://s429.photobucket.com/albums/q...r_photo/Please let me know if you are interested in the truck.

Some of the things I have aske him are the origin of the vehicle as to where it originally came from (I'm guessing OZ, but...), as well as whether he has/knows any vehicle history (accidents or maintenance).

I asked him for pictures of the vehilce before it was painted. I told him that maybe even if he didn't have them he might be able to acquire them from the PO, etc...

ANYWAY, I've probably dilly-dallied(sp) too long in that he's not interested in selling the rig to me even if the vehilce turns out that it still is available.

If the vehicle is what it shows in the pics and is still available, would I have much to lose with $6000, with free shipping?

Am I the only sucker here???

ANY INPUTS???

Quick search on google- first result

Its a scam- dont send any money- if it seems too good it probably is

From Google:

"Ok folks the scammers seem to be ramping up thier attacks of scams against the good people of Kijiji. We need to start a list of typical scam ads and thier associated email addresses. This way you can come here and look over the ads and see if it fits the profile of the scam.

Heres my most recent one:

1965 Mustang Fastback Shelby

Hello,
I'm very glad to see that you're interested in buying my car.
First of all I am sorry to inform you that now I am in Vancouver with my son at my parents.
It is in perfect condition no scratches,no damages,never been implicated in any accidents,no problems with the engine,runs very well.I`m selling it because of my recent divorce,now i a have real problems with money and that`s why i have to sell it..
the car is in a container at the shipping company in Vancouver and with one call I can shipp the car anywhere I want ,the price $4800 cover shipping taxes, for the payment I will use eBay Safe Harbor, as I am an afiliate member there and this method allows you to inspect the car before I receive the funds and also allows me to stay confortable knowing that I will be full covered. If you really want to buy my car please send me your full name and address so i can open a case.(with no further obligation or fees),
asap eBay will send you some informations about the deal will works.
Looking forward to hear from you.

Scammers email:
Maria Barney (mbar2dww@yahoo.com)

Just a word to the WISE. Kijiji, Craigslist has no shipping or buyer protection programs that I am aware of Ebay is only one with a buyer protection program."

Last edited:
hey mot I just got the same exact email as the first one you posted, I told him two days ago that I was interested but wouldnt buy it unless I could talk to him in person and find out some history and more info,also he told me that was origional paint, I listed my number for him to call and requested his, ive heard nothing, also Robert(rmcmanus) told me today that the buy through ebay thing is a scam also he was looking at a 100 series and the guy used the same wording, so im still thinking its a scam...

Its a scam- dont send any money- if it seems too good it probably is

From Google:

"Ok folks the scammers seem to be ramping up thier attacks of scams against the good people of Kijiji. We need to start a list of typical scam ads and thier associated email addresses. This way you can come here and look over the ads and see if it fits the profile of the scam.

Heres my most recent one:

1965 Mustang Fastback Shelby

Hello,
I'm very glad to see that you're interested in buying my car.
First of all I am sorry to inform you that now I am in Vancouver with my son at my parents.
It is in perfect condition no scratches,no damages,never been implicated in any accidents,no problems with the engine,runs very well.I`m selling it because of my recent divorce,now i a have real problems with money and that`s why i have to sell it..
the car is in a container at the shipping company in Vancouver and with one call I can shipp the car anywhere I want ,the price $4800 cover shipping taxes, for the payment I will use eBay Safe Harbor, as I am an afiliate member there and this method allows you to inspect the car before I receive the funds and also allows me to stay confortable knowing that I will be full covered. If you really want to buy my car please send me your full name and address so i can open a case.(with no further obligation or fees),
asap eBay will send you some informations about the deal will works.
Looking forward to hear from you.

Scammers email:
Maria Barney (mbar2dww@yahoo.com)

Just a word to the WISE. Kijiji, Craigslist has no shipping or buyer protection programs that I am aware of Ebay is only one with a buyer protection program."

hey mot I just got the same exact email as the first one you posted, I told him two days ago that I was interested but wouldnt buy it unless I could talk to him in person and find out some history and more info,also he told me that was origional paint, I listed my number for him to call and requested his, ive heard nothing, also Robert(rmcmanus) told me today that the buy through ebay thing is a scam also he was looking at a 100 series and the guy used the same wording, so im still thinking its a scam...

Thanks for your input!

Yeah, I think I've come to terms that this was never going to materialize or amount to anything.

I've got another e-mail from the scammer this morning:

You can be sure that everything will go smooth with this transaction for the simple fact that you will not send the money to me you will simply deposit them with ebay and they will hold your funds until you will receive and inspect the car. Only after you will inspect the car and confirm to them that the car is in the condition I say it's in and you that you will keep it, only than ebay will release the money to me. Also if the car will not be exactly as I say it is and you will find any mechanical problems of any kind or if you will find that the car was crashed or wracked you can simply send it back at my expense and you will get a full refund from ebay in no time. Trust me I am not here to play silly games or to try to sell a car which is not in the same condition as advertised. I know people tend to do this but this is not the case here. I am more than sure that you will just fall in love with this amazing car from the minute you will get behind the wheel. As for the shipping as I explained it is already paid and just so you can feel more comfortable I guarantee that for this transaction there are no hidden fees or costs. You will only have to take off your wallet the 6000 for the car not a penny more.

I hope I managed to ease your mind a little. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any other questions.

I think I've learned my lesson and should be (and am) grateful that I did not have to lose any money doing it!

Thanks again guys and don't be afraid to PM me if you see any killer deals on the troopies! ;)

Mot :)

A guy tried to scam me on a 100 with a very very similiar e-mail. I found some info on line that warned of the e-bay buying crap they offer.

If you have the VIN# google it and see what comes up. I did it with the 100 and found it for sale at a dealership.

hey mot, see if he will give you the trucking companys phone number that way you could see if it is actually there like he says it is, also has he given you a working number to call him on?, seems like hes avoiding stuff like that, just a thought

hey mot, see if he will give you the trucking companys phone number that way you could see if it is actually there like he says it is, also has he given you a working number to call him on?, seems like hes avoiding stuff like that, just a thought

Just for the fun of it, I might do that.

From what I've read, I doubt he would repy to that...

Thanks for the idea! ;)

well I guess he gave up on you mot...lol this is what he sent me
Tried to call you but I got an answering machine. Too many of the potential buyers are saying me to call them but at 90% cases I get answering machines. If you like to talk with me just write me an email; it’s simple and easier.

he did not call me, I always have my phone with me and didnt have my answering service on this past week therefore he couldnt have got it, I guess he doesnt want to call me,this is what ive sent him,

im very skepticle of the online stuff, I work during the day but always check my phone, as said before I would like to know where this Land Cruiser was transported from and when it was, also when did you get a US title,how old is it and when does it expire,I would also like to know what trucking service you currently have the Land Cruiser at and a working phone number for the trucking serivice, also as said before, I will not buy anything without talking to the owner in person, again you have my cell, shoot me a call, if for some strange reason I dont answer then leave me a message and I will get back to you ASAP, also I will not buy anything that doesnt have a VIN number listed, could you please give me the VIN number.

thanks for your time

this is what he just sent me:
You can be sure that everything will go smooth with this transaction for the simple fact that you will not send the money to me you will simply deposit them with ebay and they will hold your funds until you will receive and inspect the car. Only after you will inspect the car and confirm to them that the car is in the condition I say it's in and you that you will keep it, only than ebay will release the money to me. Also if the car will not be exactly as I say it is and you will find any mechanical problems of any kind or if you will find that the car was crashed or wracked you can simply send it back at my expense and you will get a full refund from ebay in no time. Trust me I am not here to play silly games or to try to sell a car which is not in the same condition as advertised. I know people tend to do this but this is not the case here. I am more than sure that you will just fall in love with this amazing car from the minute you will get behind the wheel. As for the shipping as I explained it is already paid and just so you can feel more comfortable I guarantee that for this transaction there are no hidden fees or costs. You will only have to take off your wallet the 6000 for the car not a penny more.

I hope I managed to ease your mind a little. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any other questions.

hmm isnt that the same thing he sent you mot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom