HELP WITH OVER HEATING LJ73 TURBO 2.0 LTD (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Apparently, the gasket comes 1.45mm to 1.65mm I need the thickness available. Can I add two gaskets to achieve the desired thickness?

I am looking into the parts manual and apparently, this engine was supplied with 3 gasket thickness
B 1.45
D 1.50
F 1.65

Has anyone run across any thicker?
Something like 1.80 upward?

Looking at your pictures, I don't think your gasket was too thin. Usually when they are too thin, you can see imprints of the valves touching the carbon (or metal) of your pistons. IMHO there is no reason for you to go any thicker a gasket than the thickest factory one.

Your problems are probably related to inadequate preparation work done before the cylinder head was last put on. Things need to be perfectly clean, and torqued properly. It takes a lot of scraping and scrubbing to get the block deck and head clean. Just take your time and do the best job possible.

I recommend cleaning all the head bolt holes really well too, and chasing them with a tap. Spray some brake clean in the holes and blow them out with compressed air after. Make sure you buy new head bolts, and go through the proper torque sequence. Make sure you put a touch of oil on the head bolt threads and on the underside of the bolt head. It's very time consuming doing all the torque passes and you'll have sore arms afterwards, but it's the only way to do it right. Follow the manual to a t. And only use a genuine Toyota head gasket.

Make sure you have a good quality torque wrench.

The engine very well prep and done by Abacus Race shop in Virginia beach. They are really good at engine rebuilt,

The engine ran for 6 months flawlessly. We have determine that the thermostat failed to cause the gasket to leak.

Now with the head of we can see we need 11115-54084-F0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom