Help, water heater woes. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

splitshot

Head cook, Bottle washer, and Peace keeper.
Threads
Every once in a while the pilot goes out. When I try to refire it the burner will flame up like normal then slowly die out. Sometimes I can get it going and it will be fine for a month or so. Acts like it's starving for fuel or air, (but not all the time) any ideas?
100_0641-2.jpg
100_0642-2.jpg

I think this generally indicates a problem with the "thermocouple". It is a temperature sensing device that will shut the gas off if it thinks the pilot light as gone out. The tip of the thermocouple is within the pilot flame, and after time it can burn out. On your unit, I'm pretty sure it is the copper line that comes out the bottom of the temperature regulator. You should be able to get a replacement thermocouple at a hardware store, for $10 or so.

Thanks, I'll give that a try, it's also alot cheeper than the control.

Yep, mine did that two months ago but it's a maytag. they actually recalled the damned thing but didnt send out a notice. they wait until you go back to Lowe's looking for the parts and the sales guy tells you.

Fresh air intake...

Clogged up with fiberglass lint. The leaf blower works great at filling the immediate area with a cloud of fiberglass dust (wish I would have seen that one coming:eek:).Stuffed the nozzle in the hole in the pic.

Works great now and it's got a new thermocouple.
100_0644-2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom