Wanted help sourcing 70 series parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not new to Land Cruisers but relatively new to 70s and having a s*** time tracking down parts. For the 60,80,100 I know where to go including local wreckers for most parts. But I'm not finding like sources for the 70. Partsouq has decent prices but everything I need is unavailable and CruiserParts has good prices on almost what I need but not exactly, like back door glass but without defroster, dash pad but not the one to accommodate altimeter pod etc...if I can't find the correct parts this will be my solution but I would rather get the right parts. The only other source I found wants outrageous amounts of money for these parts, like three times the price, don't need to mention them.

Truck is a 1991, HZJ77, manual, RHD, lockers, 1HZ with turbo.

What I need and what I think are the correct part numbers but I have been unable to source:
Windshield, 56111-90k14 discontinued
RH back door glass with defrost 68131c-60230
LH back door glass with defrost 68131d-60110
Dash pad, bluish grey, for a RHD dash with altimeter 55401e-90k02-13

I know this stuff must be available as I thought all this was unchanged from 90-at least 99 for almost every 70 model.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
You will have to get familiar with the parts catalog. A lot of the early parts have superseded part numbers. A lot of the newer stuff kinda fits the older 70's.... maybe with some modification. And you have to accept there's a chance you ordered the wrong part altogether.

The numbers you listed aren't part numbers. "56111" just means windshield. Part numbers look like "56111-60220"

For early LC70's, the windshields are basically fixed or fold down (but don't quote me on that). Fixed part # is <56111-60220>. If you want to get into particular tints and colors.... then you are on your own.

Fortunately, North America.... especially Canada used these vehicles for Industrial/Mine work.... so some parts are available for order at your local dealership. (LC77 specific parts will not be).

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate the time spent responding.. I'll contact Dave. I'm not sure I have the patience for the parts searching or the wallet to gamble on parts being wrong on order. I have both a JDM 77 and 81 and although I really like the 70 the 80 is just so much easier to source parts for. Maybe I just need the right connection to make life with a 70 a bit easier in the USA. We will see....I had always dreamed of a Troopy and this is my test to see what servicing a 70 will be like.

Last edited:
altimeter...

DSC02182.jpg

Thanks for the additional sources, I'm going through those today.

4060 series nut, how much for altimeter?

Thanks for the offer but I'll pass. Those have been selling on average for about $125-175 total based on recent Ebay sales.

Windshield is avail from your Toyota dealer if you have the right number. I have used back door glass, and new windshields. You need the dash pad or the altimeter pod cover?

Steve, need dash pad but the one that accepts the altimeter pod.

Unfortunately, if you hate looking up parts, you’re gonna have an issue owning your 7*. In my (brief) experience, I like looking up parts on Partsouq, because they have nice interactive diagrams and pictures to make sure you’re looking at the right thing - they also ship the fastest. If it’s not in stock there, I’ll go to Megazip with those part numbers, and they are able to get them so long as the part isn’t completely NLA. They take longer to ship because they often don’t have parts in stock, but I have yet to be denied a part that they said they could get.

Steve, need dash pad but the one that accepts the altimeter pod.

FWIW Last I checked, the non-pod version was avail, I modified one to work with the pod.

FWIW?

Windshield is on its way from local dealer . 5611-60220,1985-1987 BJ70 Canadian Domestic Market.

Toyota also has the back windows for he 1985-1987 CDM, BJ70. Is there any reason the back windows would be different than a 1991 hzj77? I had thought all the early 70 series back doors were the same and therefore the windows too.

Last edited:
Windshield 5611-60220. Delivered, does not fit.

Last edited:
Windshield is avail from your Toyota dealer if you have the right number. I have used back door glass, and new windshields. You need the dash pad or the altimeter pod cover?

It was cheaper for me (that is also including the shipping cost) to get a new windshield from partsouq which also came without any damage at my front doorstep. They packaged it very well.

Prior to that, I had ordered one from a local dealer and it was a PITA because it was broken on one corner. If you go the local dealer route, be sure you check it over very well before you leave with it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom