Help please. 80 tranny line leak,what is this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

92LXAZ

SILVER Star
Threads
What the heck is this piece? Brand new radiator as of 11/2017. Any insight please to limit as much time as possible in my 120 deg West facing garage. Thanks all.

20180804_170034.jpg

It's in this area for perspective.

Inked20180804_170102_LI 2.jpg

It's actually tranny fluid. Only saw that it was red last night. Is that cap a part of a transmission line somewhere? But why was there a bunch in the battery tray I have on that side?

20180805_085052.jpg

Is your ATF cooler at the bottom of radiator bypassed? May be someone used it to cap the cooler line?

I have no idea. CBT replaced the radiator last November so I'd assume they would have noticed. I'll be taking to them. When it rains it pours.
100 has a P0430 at the moment as well.

I'll check that stuff now, havent had time to dig in.

Yeah maybe a 200 in the future. But everything that gets fixed gets it closer to new! Also just had the radiator replaced.

Well probably won the idiot of the year award. Let me preface this by saying that little metal cap still concerns me and threw my train of thought down a one way road with blinders on. I had a spare quart of ATF in my 2nd battery tray that I found had a slow leak. Finally got full enough in the tray to leak out when I hit the bump into my driveway...I'm assuming. Sorry for wasting anyone's time.

Thanks, yes at least i was right on the leak part., that cap is still a little concerning. Possibly some random junk that rinsed down? We'll see. Thanks Jackson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom