Help Me Vet this FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ60Seth

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm going to look at a 40 this weekend in San Diego. What should I specifically scrutinize about the SBC/PS install, and the shackle reversal? Try to be specific and don't be shy about talking to me like I'm the village idiot. Telling me to be on the lookout for shoddy workmanship isn't going to help me much. Here's the description from Craigslist.

1969 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 4X4
This is an unstoppable 4WD vehicle. It has been upgraded with a Chevy 350 V8 Create Motor. It has ARB Air Lockers Front and Rear with on board compressor. Saginaw Power Steering, 4 speed manual transmission, Front Disk Brakes, Front Shackle reverse kit, Procomp Shocks, Optima red top battery, AM/FM CD Stereo, Supra Front Seats, Roll Cage, Fold down tailgate with storage, folding rear jeep seat, Kayline Gray Soft top removable with half doors, Warn Manual locking front hubs, locking center consul with arm rest & cup holders, CB radio with PA Horn, 5 BFG Mud Terrain 33x12.50 on 15” wheels, Off-road lights, removable tow bar, tow hitch receiver, Hi-lift jack mounted on front bumper, Fully Rhino lined interior and rear qtr panels,
3” racing lap belts in front and 4 point 3” Crow seat belts in the rear. Seats 4 people. No smog needed on this year vehicle. This vehicle has been in my family since 1973.

Here's a pic of the engine bay.

Thanks everyone - Seth
photo.jpg

I'm sure you'll get some answers in person tomorrow. I'd like to know too what to look for.

Did notice though it seems to have a single circuit brake system and they're obviously not power-assisted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom