help help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hello guys wondering if anyone has rebuilt a knuckle on a 60/62 mine is leaking all over my brake and need someone to rebulid it ill help and pay if someone wants to help me out or a recommedation on a fairly cheap shop thanks guys

hello guys wondering if anyone has rebuilt a knuckle on a 60/62 mine is leaking all over my brake and need someone to rebulid it ill help and pay if someone wants to help me out or a recommedation on a fairly cheap shop thanks guys

Hey, I did mine a few months back. Had a inner leak for a while, then the PS wheel bearings went and had diff oil on the rotor.
Pulled like crazy braking.

Not too bad of a job. Got the kit from Cruiser Outfitters, with the Marlin inner seals. I got the timkin wheel bearings from advance local, in stock. BUt I should have just go the full kit from Cruiser outfitters.

I got the 54 mm socket from Northern Tool and a brass punch/drift from Harbor frieght.

I could give you a hand but it would probably be a few weeks out.
Is it undriveable due to the oil on the brakes?
Where are you located?

Dave

help

im in chesapeake and a few weeks would be ok i still have to order everything and get all that stuff straight and really have no idea what im doing lol so that would be great

help

and its drivable but what to get it fixed so as possible cant be real safe and i have to get the 62 inspected this month

I would do a search in the 60 section and read all the how-to guides. It made a big difference.
Also get some rubber gloves and lots of paper towels.

DL the FSM if you dont have it. There are pics of the whole breakdown.

Make sure to mark the shims, top/bottom

If you got oil on the pads, you will want to replace them as well.

PB-Blast the nuts/bolts a few days before. But you will still need the brass bar to get them off. CONE WASHERS.

Maybe we can do a Meet in your driveway.
Everyone should have a knuckle rebuild under their belt.

Dave

help

sounds good im gonna sit down tonite and write down everything i need and then go ahead this week weekend and order it all and go local and buy what i can and read around about this

I did a a couple of knuckle rebuild on 80, it should not be that of a difference with the 60, right? When are you guys planning on wrenching these puppies?

help

no t really sure im in the process of ordering all things needed and the more i look at it the more im not sure its the knuckle i have been seeing red fluid all in that area so need to look into that too

no t really sure im in the process of ordering all things needed and the more i look at it the more im not sure its the knuckle i have been seeing red fluid all in that area so need to look into that too

The Power Steering Gear Box on the driver side drips down there.
Thats red.
If that is it, try some Lucas stop leak.

help

ok will do thanks for the info must be a very slow drip steering fluid level is ok but still think i should do the knuckles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom