HELP: fuel/carb problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i am desperate, i need someone to help me figure out whats wrong with my 1986 fj60. it will idle but when you throttle up it dies and also will not idle for a period of time. can someone please come by and help out. i live on james island. thanks jason

not familiar with the carb as never tore mine apart...but would be willing to help out. on my motorcycle if that happens it usually means a fuel flow problem like float bowl needing adjustment or trash in fuel line restricting flow when you give her the go juice.

david will chime in i am sure since he is a real mechanic and I only play one on television. :D :D we will get her figured out though....

Jason, I will be working on J I this week,and I have my tools w/ me.
PM me with directions and when and we can see if we can work it out.
Also the mtg. is Wed night, so I will be passing through then also. :bounce::bounce2:

Shocks

Man your shocks are at my house in Ladson when you want to pick them up. No rush there not taking up much room:p:bounce:

Start simple. Check the fuel filter, lines, and then check for a vacuum leak. If all are good make sure the fuel pump is pumping enough gas. It sounds to me like a clogged filter or a jet in the carb is blocked. If you need a hand I can help this coming weekend. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom