HELP! Car will not turn over. jjst spent way too much money at mechanic and still won’t start. . . (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i also vote bad starter, sounds like the bendix isnt pushing out. probably a brand new bad out right out of the box
mechanic told me it’s the flywheel teeth and that they got it started first try for four hours straight after i have tried for weeks with the car in several different positions (moved through all gears, rolled it, used same key they have, etc) and did not get it started ONCE. triple a could not get it started either. the mechanic did not even look at the klucth let alone the flywheel until i sent them this video that is posted above (and after spending 4k on repairs; this is what it still sounded like, so the starter did not need to be done) which is obviously extremely frustrating. Especially since I told them please do not replace the starter, i know what a bad starter sounds and acts like and that is not the problem. but what did they do? convince me with photos of my vehicle “proving” why it’s the starter and the car will be perfect after that so I trusted them and let them do the repair. now i’m out that money car still not running and need a new fly wheel and just going to have new klucth put in while transmission is already taken out vs soejdint the money on labor later on. anyone live near denver colorado??

thats rough and a bit unexpected as the ring gear on the flywheel or flex plate is not a common failure point. i would have whomever is doing the clutch check for the dowel pins in the trans as they are there to help line up the trans and engine when going together. if their missing that could be a cause of the ring hear failing due to mis alignment. i would also replace the throwout bearing and look at replacing the slave cylinder depending on how rusty under the vehicle looks

Take pictures... and like a doctor diagnosing an amputation for a blood blister, you might want to get another mechanics opinion WITHOUT telling mechanic #2 that you've already talked to mechanic #1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom