Help! Battery Dead (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Mann, okay, I got the battery replaced, still the truck won't start. Starter replacement?

Popping noise? Fuse maybe? Aren't there fuses (small box) attached to the positive battery terminal? I haven't messed with it yet so my memory is a little fuzzy...

Yeah, I would check all the fuses in the power box next to the battery and the one under the dash. They are the most likely culprit for the popping sound.

When you say the truck won't start, does it attempt to turn over or just does nothing when you turn the key? Do things, like the radio, work in the accessory position?

I would say everything works except the starting the engine. The lights turn on, radio works, keyless entry works, etc. It just makes a click sound. Mann, I might have tow this thing to the dealer. If it is the starter, is it easy to replace?

No, the starter is a biatch to replace. If there was a load on the battery( lights, etc.) then a single pop might be somewhat normal. The ignition wasn't accidently on was it? Sounds like it may be starter or solenoid related. If its out of warranty I'd recommend finding a good independent mechanic who works on these instead. My luck with Toyo dealers has been horrible.
Did the battery just die or was it merely getting weak? Odd that it would fail when attaching a new battery. Unless something was switched on and the arcing caused the problem.

Well, I don't know if the battery even needed replacing. The voltage meter on the gauge panel looked normal but I switched out the battery since this was something I knew how to do. But guess what...the truck started this morning. I am really confused but it works now. I left the engine on for about 10 minutes and then turned it off and it turned on okay. Still, I don't want something like this to happen when I am on traveling. Should I have it checked anyways? I did buy an aftermarket warranty from CNA so it's under warranty.

If you take a running vehicle to the dealer they will be happy to charge you for telling you there is nothing wrong and they couldn't duplicate the problem.

I haven't really tried with my cruiser, but I know with other vehicles the alarm will automatically engage when you replace the battery. The starter kill could have been activated and didn't disengage until you unlocked the doors with the remote. That would be the easiest explaination.

The popping sound could have been something or maybe nothing.

That sounds like a good explanation. I forgot about the anti-theft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom