Help around Minneapolis/St Paul to replace AHC with an Ironman Suspension?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Planning to replace my AHC with the Ironman suspension that I got in on a deal from Metal Tech this Thanksgiving.

Unfortunately for me, I am no good at doing it myself, and I dont know a good independent mechanic I could take these to. I am all ears if you know anybody that can do this around the twin cities.

On the other hand, there is a do-it yourself auto shop (FirstGear Garage | A revolutionary auto repair facility. DIY, DIY with Assistance or Full Serice auto repair) very close to where I stay. It has a nice lift and all the tools one might need. It might be a very long shot, but I was hoping somebody here on the MUD who has some experience with the 100 series and the AHC could help me out with the swap.. My schedule is open most evenings and on weekends..

Next will be the MT sliders that should be arriving soon..

TIA..

Last edited:
I've seen the place yo u speak of, used to work right by there. Unfortunately I don't have any experience with the A-trac and have only had my cruiser about 6 months so I might not be much help!
However,
Subscribed! :popcorn:

I would read up on Brock's build thread and then maybe shoot him a PM for more detail. I was in the same boat as you with zero experience and was a little worried about doing "major" mods, but after reading about 3,000 posts on this forum, I quickly learned that with the right tools, you can do just about anything. It might take me a little longer than a seasoned mechanic but half the fun is knowing that you were responsible for all the awesomeness you are driving around.

mogili - any chance you'd ship some AHC parts to another fellow AHC'er? A few things like globes, accumulators, sensors?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom