Help! AC Compressor wont engage, High Pressure switch wiring order? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello All!

So long story short, my Uncle had given me his old 2000 Land Cruiser (100 Series, 4.7L) which had had some front end damage. I ended up replacing the entire Radiator support, and replacing a few AC lines (which had been bent out of whack) with new OEM Toyota parts. I even went in and did the timing belt, water pump, tensioner/idler pulleys, etc while everything was taken apart. This LC does have Dual front/rear AC.

Well, now its three months later and this thing drives and shifts like a dream, even at 361k miles on the odometer. I havent driven it long though, as the AC hadnt been gone through yet and it had no pressure. I have checked though and compressor is not seized up.

Texas gets hot with no AC.

I oiled and replaced all seals where AC lines were disconnected and/or replaced as well as changed the desiccant/drying bag in the AC Condenser.

I used a set of AC manifold gauges to pull a vacuum and then closed all the lines and pump, and she held strong with no movement in the low pressure gauge for over an hour. Then I pulled a vacuum on the system for over an hour on both high/low side to remove any air/moisture in system.

When it was time to charge with AC the compressor would not kick on when AC button was pressed and allowed to run.

Now here is what I believe may be the culprit, the old high pressure switch had gotten damaged at some point when vehicle had been in an accident and all I had were the 4 wires which hook into the prongs the high pressure switch, but I do not have a factory "clip" on the end of those wires...thus I can only guess as to what wire should go where! I got a new switch straight from Toyota which is now installed, I just cant seem to guess the right wire order. I also cannot find a wiring diagram!

I've also heard that if theres not enough "freon" or pressure in the system, the AC compressor will not engage, I'm assuming my issue is a combination of both this and the pressure switch wiring.

If anyone knows of a wire connector for these 100 series I could wire in, a wiring diagram, or any other LC AC advice it would be greatly appreciated. Just trying to get this vehicle road worthy again!

New High Pressure switch installed, the sight glass is on top of this.
IMG_6282.jpg

Wires look to be red/black, blue/white, and two black/white.
IMG_6283.jpg

IMG_6284.jpg

Old original high pressure switch which used to be on vehicle (no lines were not connected to it originally)
IMG_6285.jpg

These high pressure switches have 4 prongs inside which correspond to the 4 wires.
IMG_6287.jpg

Procedure for testing the switch and wiring diagram attached. Switch wiring and wire colors are on page 4 of the wiring diagram. From the Toyota connector manual the connector housing part number seems to be 90980–10943.

Attachments

• ovi.pdf
    14 KB · Views: 216
  • 063cffac.pdf
    97.2 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:
Procedure for testing the switch and wiring diagram attached. Switch wiring and wire colors are on page 4 of the wiring diagram. From the Toyota connector manual the connector housing part number seems to be 90980–10943.

Thank you so much for those diagrams, they definitely helped! Hopefully I can have it back in order in no time!

Well I got the wiring right but AC Compressor would not kick on. Ended up biting the bullet and taking it to my local dealership.

Diagnosis was a bad expansion valve and evaporator so $1400 later and a good recharge and she blows cold AC again. Glad we found the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom