Help - A/C Condenser Cover Removal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone-

Looking for some help as I have this pulled apart right now. I have the A/C drip on the passenger side and searched here to solve the problem. I'm in the middle of trying to fix it and have run into an issue.

I'm trying to remove the condenser cover and can't figure out why it's not coming off. I've removed 7 screws around the cover but the bottom left feels like it's still getting hung up and not coming off. Am I missing something (2001 LX470)?

Thanks in advance for any help.

-MK

20140711_195202.jpg

Do another check of the cover perimeter and see if you've missed a screw somewhere. If you're sure you haven't, apply some light prying pressure with a small screw driver to the bottom seal. The gasket is at the bottom and maybe it has degraded and become sticky. The cover should come loose pretty easily if the gasket is in good shape, but the bottom of the enclosure attracts a ton of junk.

image.jpg My LC service manual shows eight screws.

BTW, that's the evap coil cover.

Last edited:
Thank you both for the replies. It must be mess with the new guy day or something. Someone previously put some kind of velcro strip directly over one of the screw heads so I couldn't tell there was a screw there.

I'm hopefully done now but one of the screws higher along the left hand side got about halfway in and then I stripped the head. Should that be OK or do you think I have an issue?

20140711_201615.jpg
20140711_201741.jpg

Without being there I can't tell you about the cover screw, but I hope/assume you cleaned out the drain hose leading from the housing out through the firewall on the passenger side. That fixed my leak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom