help 06 with oil press gauge not working? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hello any help would be apprectiated well my 06 is about 2 months old and i have to say the initial quality stinks. i have 2500 miles on her now and after a recent trip my oil press gauge does not move anymore (just a little) i thinks it just the gauge the truck runs fine and sounds fine i checked the oil and all is ok i dont have time yet to take it to the dealership but anythng i shuld look for or what can happen to cause this type of problem?? other problems are a squekky sun rook and my passenger side mirror does not go back some times after titling when put in reverse i did some minor beach stuff 2 weeks ago nothing hard or jarring which would break anything so i am thinking its just a sensor???

r3run33 said:
hello any help would be apprectiated well my 06 is about 2 months old and i have to say the initial quality stinks. i have 2500 miles on her now and after a recent trip my oil press gauge does not move anymore (just a little) i thinks it just the gauge the truck runs fine and sounds fine i checked the oil and all is ok i dont have time yet to take it to the dealership but anythng i shuld look for or what can happen to cause this type of problem?? other problems are a squekky sun rook and my passenger side mirror does not go back some times after titling when put in reverse i did some minor beach stuff 2 weeks ago nothing hard or jarring which would break anything so i am thinking its just a sensor???

I understand that YUGO took over production at the Landcruiser plant at the start of the 2006 model year. I am willing to help you out and trade my 99 even for your 2006. :)

with the kind of $$ you spent, they better work hard at making you happy... and ask they wash it and give you a loaner too...!

You didn't really say... and not to be a smart ass, but are you absolutely sure it's not a Land Rover ? I heard they had problems with the reverse/mirror function, plus if you pound vigorously on the dash the oil pressure gauge might become unstuck. May save you a trip to the dealer.

:popcorn:

toyota's don't have quality issues all that often, take it to the dealer and tell them what is wrong and to fix it, then get a loaner drive the living s*** out of it, and go back and get your nice truck, theres most likily just a bad connectiong somewhere, weird though.

How many KM's have you put on the stock oil?

My 2004 had a similar problem recently.. the oil gauge was showing that the oil is low when it was in fact just fine.. had about 50,000KM and the agent replaced the oil sender unit under warranty.. it works fine now.. :)

Anyone know when Toyota took over production of the LC from Araco? Wonder if there was an initial drop in quality from workers being unfamiliar with the assembly?

Have a look in your owners manual under oil gauge and go to the relevant page and read all about it. Take particular note if there is something written in a caution box about it. In my manual there is one about the sub tank fuel gauge which says something like if it doesn't work take it to Toyota immediately. Well mine stopped working and they replaced the whole dash cluster, obviously they new it was a problem and printed this in the manual but did not want to do a recall to replace everyone's instrument cluster and only wanted to fix the ones that played up under warranty. Maybe the oil sender issue is the same?

sometime in 2005, I think all 2006 model years are Non Araco......and I wouldnt be suprised if this is the reason as well

as to the problem, it may just be the wire at the oil sender has come off, its right by the oil filter

Jim_Chow said:
Anyone know when Toyota took over production of the LC from Araco? Wonder if there was an initial drop in quality from workers being unfamiliar with the assembly?

hello sorry it has taken so long to respond been workin and hey i dont have time to take the truck in to the dealership becasue i do have other things to do that is the biggest reason why i purchased another lx ""not to have problems"" any way i really do think its just a sensor i think i remember a post that some one had the same problem the truck is working fine i was just annoyed at the initial problems my 99 was 5 years old 70k miles and the only problem i ever had was an cd got stuck in the radio. i am definetly missing my old 99 i really wish i never traded it in. anyway i wil take it in after the holiday. its just a bummer to have a truck with this price and past reliabilty to have these type of problems. thanks for the responses to every one i am not worried about the gauge now but will let everyone know what they say.

r3run33 said:
hello sorry it has taken so long to respond been workin and hey i dont have time to take the truck in to the dealership becasue i do have other things to do that is the biggest reason why i purchased another lx ""not to have problems"" any way i really do think its just a sensor i think i remember a post that some one had the same problem the truck is working fine i was just annoyed at the initial problems my 99 was 5 years old 70k miles and the only problem i ever had was an cd got stuck in the radio.

I do believe that you have smashed the former record for a run-on sentence in a post! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom