Hello IH8MUD - '08 LX570 owner joining up! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there!

I've been lurking for some time and just reading as much as I can on my new-to-me LX200. I've checked my radiator for cracks at the "stamp", I've read on bleeding the five accumulators on AHC, I've looked for "pink mist" around my water pump, and I've converted the headlights to LEDs. (I also read the newbie" thread and will upload images instead of linking them whereever possible).
Thanks for interesting and great reading!

My truck is a 2008 with the Mark Levinson and DVD system. It just rolled over 78K miles last week and spent its entire life in Las Vegas, with 23 service records from the Lexus of LV dealership. (Sounds expensive, lol.) Hardly a scratch on her - no dents, no crushed frame rails, no accidents. I've had it since June of this year (about 3 mos. as of this writing) and absolutely love it so far.

Happy to see an active vehicle-specific forum and am hoping to contribute!

See you around,
Tom

(PS: Since intro threads are worthless without pics, here's a few)

IMG_20210627_124541480_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20210622_125140006_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210622_183159827.jpg

IMG_20210622_195839665.jpg

Welcome to the club!

I have a 2011 LX, which has changed a bit over the last couple of years. :blackeye: It's always fun to see one in perfect condition to remember what mine used to look like.

What's your plan with the rig? Family car? Off-roading? Overlanding? Slam it and put in a massive sound system? (please don't do that.)

Nice Mustang Fastback in the garage. I sold my ‘67 coupe a couple years ago but often think about that car. It tried to kill me far too often and once I got married and had kids I knew it’s days were numbered. There’s something lost in cars these days, it could be the soul and experience of the all manual connectivity those older cars provide or maybe the pure petulant recalcitrant driving behaviors they have. The saying ‘never felt more alive than when I almost died’ or whatever… totally applied to mine.

Awesome find! I wish mine was that clean.

Thanks! So far she's a family-taxi and tow beast, I haven't yet done any wheeling with her. She is my first Cruiser of any flavor - and I'm enjoying the cleanliness of the chassis.

The old Mustang was a dream car of mine as a kid. I bought one and fixed it up in my dad's garage; years later I'm taking it back apart for a refresh and updates.

original_condition.jpg

cleaned-cowl.jpg

20140825_191848.jpg

p1030770.jpg

p1030817.jpg

Thanks! So far she's a family-taxi and tow beast, I haven't yet done any wheeling with her. She is my first Cruiser of any flavor - and I'm enjoying the cleanliness of the chassis.

The old Mustang was a dream car of mine as a kid. I bought one and fixed it up in my dad's garage; years later I'm taking it back apart for a refresh and updates.

View attachment 2781637

View attachment 2781638

View attachment 2781639

View attachment 2781640

View attachment 2781641
In my experience with Mustang restorations cutting out the cowl is what separates the men from the boys… You really put a lot of work into that car and it shows.

Thanks for the kind words. It's a pretty involved process, for certain. That particular car sat outside under an oak tree for years; it had its collection of leaves, bugs, and sap under that panel.

My first modification on the truck - LED swap. I took a bunch of pictures!

IMG_20210628_174401285.jpg

In my experience with Mustang restorations cutting out the cowl is what separates the men from the boys… You really put a lot of work into that car and it shows.
Heh, after a rain, my '66 used to dump water on my feet when I'd hit the brakes. Man I miss that car

<- one of the boys

1655301029444.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom