Hella 500 vs. Hella Black Magic - What's the difference? HELP! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.brushyhill.com
I need to pick up a set of aux. lights for my FJ40 today so I can install them while I'm down on the ranch. I've been looking at the Hella 500 and the Hella Black Magic; and the only difference I can see, aside from a $100 price difference, is in the 'look' of the lights!

As much as I'd love to have the Black Magic lights for the looks, I can't justify spending an additional $100 for aesthetics. However, if there's a significant performance difference or durability factor that justifies spending the extra money, I will. The Hella website sure didn't show me any difference, so I'm hoping someone on here can clear it up for me and help me make a decision!

Nick

just get the 500's, only diff I know of is the BM look black when off........whoop-de-freakin-do

the IPF's are a better light IMOP, but around $100 a set

LandPimp-

Thanks man! That's what I thought, but since I'm such a newbie I wanted to check with some veterans. If this trip hadn't of come up so quickly, I might have looked at those IPF's; but I only get down to the ranch, where my LC lives, every couple of weeks for a day or two and I wanted to get some additional lighting going on THIS trip. The Hella 500s were the best deal i could find in town on such short notice- Walmart has 'em for $62! Perfect for my budget and for a ranch vehicle!

Thanks again!

Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom