Hella 500 vs. Hella Black Magic - What's the difference? HELP!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Horitexan, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Horitexan

Horitexan

I need to pick up a set of aux. lights for my FJ40 today so I can install them while I'm down on the ranch. I've been looking at the Hella 500 and the Hella Black Magic; and the only difference I can see, aside from a $100 price difference, is in the 'look' of the lights!

As much as I'd love to have the Black Magic lights for the looks, I can't justify spending an additional $100 for aesthetics. However, if there's a significant performance difference or durability factor that justifies spending the extra money, I will. The Hella website sure didn't show me any difference, so I'm hoping someone on here can clear it up for me and help me make a decision!

Nick

2. Landpimp

Landpimp GOLD Star

Media:
    just get the 500's, only diff I know of is the BM look black when off........whoop-de-freakin-do

the IPF's are a better light IMOP, but around $100 a set

3. Horitexan

Horitexan

LandPimp-

Thanks man! That's what I thought, but since I'm such a newbie I wanted to check with some veterans. If this trip hadn't of come up so quickly, I might have looked at those IPF's; but I only get down to the ranch, where my LC lives, every couple of weeks for a day or two and I wanted to get some additional lighting going on THIS trip. The Hella 500s were the best deal i could find in town on such short notice- Walmart has 'em for $62! Perfect for my budget and for a ranch vehicle!

Thanks again!

Nick

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.