Height control OFF indicator light staying on (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all
This is the first time this problem has occurred on my UK spec 2004 Amazon 4.2 tdi
I parked on a steep slope and operated the low Height Control switch. On returning to the car after I drove off and instead of the Ride Height returning to its Normal position it remained in Low . After a short while the orange OFF light came on my dash. I operated the OFF button by the ride height controls to no joy.
I drove home slowly as the ride was too uncomfortable above 30 mph
I tried switching the ignition on and off….no joy. But on restarting the engine each time the OFF light only appears after about a minute
I read my handbook it speaks of the OFF light flashing indicating a problem with the ride height and seek a Toyota garage . But the OFF. Is solid and not flashing
The vehicle isn’t over loaded and I don’t do any form of off road use ( sad I hear you all cry ). I only ever use the low height just to make it easier to get in and out
Once again thanks to all you guys out there who often point me in the right direction with a tip

oh also the heater blower is blowing hot and cold. I choose hot for the wife and it stays hot for a while and then blows cooler……any ideas…
As you’ve gathered I’m no mechanic . My mate is a garage owner and drives a Range Rover Sport Kahn I rib, take the piss out of him all the time about it being in his garage all the time getting repaired and my 200000 mile Amazon only ever needs a service

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom