Heater Hoses help

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by mpeagan, Jul 11, 2005.

1. mpeagan

mpeagan

I have a 1988 FJ62. The two heater hoses that come off of the thermostat and water pump had to be replaced. I had to use 3/4 in std hose for the formed hoses that were on there. My local Toyota dealer can not find these hoses. Can anyone point me to where I can get them. The ones in the FSM and on the Toyota scematic are wayyy to short. They atre about 4-inche and need to be almost 12. Thanks

2. kuuner

kuuner

I had the exact same problem...Toyota couldn't find the part. I ended up going to NAPA and got the exact same bends with room left over to trim. IF Toyota could have gotten it delivered in time...would have been a grip. I spent 8 bucks for the hose on top with the funky 90'ish double bend.

3. Landpimp

Landpimp GOLD Star

Media:
    they(toyota) have them, but they are a bitch to find. I might have the # still on the hoses on one of the 3fe's.........I'll try to look

4. Fearnofish!

Fearnofish!

I am pretty sure that MAF and a few other cruiser stores have the kits or atleast all the parts. The formed hoses a pretty good if you can wait for shipping. If ya got a blow out then I guess you do what you have to do.

5. dd113

dd113

I buy a bunch of them. C dan has the numbers and I bet he has them in stock.

6. hammer1

hammer1

if always had luck taking the hose to my local pep Boys. the guys let me wander the hose isle, and i can almosy always find something

7. mpeagan

mpeagan

I've looked on MAF and SOR's sites and can not find anything different than what I have already found...short hoses. Still a bit new here so who is C Dan? Thanks for all the help so far, this is a great resource.

8. lovetoski

lovetoski SILVER Star

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.