headlight washer switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My BJ73 has headlight washers mounted underneath the headlights, there's a reservoir with some dirty water, a pump underneath, a controller next to it etc. but no switch on the dashboard. I know this switch should be to right on the panel underneath the a/c and ventilation controls. I guess I can get a switch online, but I looked for the wire connector and can't find it. Where would it be? There's a spare connector from the wire harness for the rear fog light, but nothing else. Where should I look? What does it look like?

My BJ73 has headlight washers mounted underneath the headlights, there's a reservoir with some dirty water, a pump underneath, a controller next to it etc. but no switch on the dashboard. I know this switch should be to right on the panel underneath the a/c and ventilation controls. I guess I can get a switch online, but I looked for the wire connector and can't find it. Where would it be? There's a spare connector from the wire harness for the rear fog light, but nothing else. Where should I look? What does it look like?
My headlight washers only work when my headlights are on, and I wash my wind shield. There is no separate switch. I would start with checking your wiring diagram to see how they are activated before searching for a plug that may not be there.

Interesting. I don't think I ever used my headlight washers but I do have the nozzles there.

Instruction is in the owners manual too. At least the JDM version for my 77. I just never used it.

This is gold, thanks for sharing! I had been curious of how to use but never looked into it too much. Question is how good does it actually work?

Oh my tank is still sloshing around washer fluid from Japan, so that will definitely be step 1. LEDs are in the plans so will be interesting to see the difference between halogen vs LED. Good info on this, though. I was just asked at a Cruiser meetup about them and had to play my ignorance card, my most played card haha.

I never got the correct owner manual for my model (1988), but a manual for the 1991 model put me on the wrong track:
1615598583982.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom