Headlight Adjuster (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone had any problems with the headlight adjuster on their headlights? My passenger side up down adjuster only likes to pop now. I think I broke it while I was trying to readjust my lights up so I could see again. Has anyone taken one of these apart before and does anyone think it can be fixed? Right now it's a little high and I'd like to get it back down a bit.

I had one pop out--I ended up turning it a whole bunch and it now works fine--it felt like the screw lost its bite--try turning it with a little pressure

Take the headlight assembly out and you can get access to the plastic bevel gears by removing a small cover,

Several people have had this problem so before adjusting mine I took them apart broke them free directly, then lubed the gears with grease and reassembled to begin adjusting.

RavenTai said:
Take the headlight assembly out and you can get access to the plastic bevel gears by removing a small cover

Well I finally did this today and found that one of my gears is toast. I hate plastic gears. So now adjusting the head light height isn't so much fun anymore. I'm also willing to bet that I have to buy a wole new headlight assembly to get new gears.

So any one have any idea on how to replace these gears without buy a new headlight assembly? Metal gears would be nice as well :D

Moving this back to the top for the weekday crowd. I can't be the only one with this problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom