Hdj81 break job (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been searching for info on a 92 81 series brake parts. Are they the same as North American 80 series? Can any one help with part # for stock pads and rotors?

Cheers B.

Should be the same at least it is with 60/61/62 models Toyota is usually good at designing things the same for there model designs

ToyoDIY is your friend

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/

If you have an OEM part number it can be cross referenced to see what vehicles they were available on

Been searching for info on a 92 81 series brake parts. Are they the same as North American 80 series? Can any one help with part # for stock pads and rotors? Cheers B.

Does you truck have ABS or an ECT Tranny?

If not u have a pre-93. Fronts are the same, rears are a different ball game rotor wise, calipers are the same thou

The fronts are all the same as the north american models. They had small brakes pre-93, though they can be upgraded to the larger ones quite easily. If you are needing to do calipers and rotors its a great time to upgrade, and similar cost for the larger ones. It is all bolt on, the only change being the dust shield either needs to be replaced, or trimmed to fit the bigger calipers. A common upgrade is to run 100 Series cruiser front pads. They are a direct fit in the 94-up calipers, and can be trimmed to fit the earlier ones.

The rears are an oddball. The calipers and pads are the same, but the pre-93 JDM discs are different (and expensive, and hard to find...) Upgrading to the larger 94-up north american rotors is also a bolt on, but you will need to find new backing plates to move the calipers out (calipers are the same), and the backing plates are pricey.

If all you have to do is pads its easy as going into Napa and telling them you need pads for a Land Cruiser. Tell them your fronts are 92, and the rears are 96 and you'll get just what you need.

If you have any specific questions send me an email to cruisinoffroad (at) shaw (dot) ca and I can go over it with you.

HTH

Been searching for info on a 92 81 series brake parts. Are they the same as North American 80 series? Can any one help with part # for stock pads and rotors?

Cheers B.

if you want to upgrade from stock, ATEB helped me fit a much larger rotor/caliper combo on the front. Big beefy rotors.

if you want to upgrade from stock, ATEB helped me fit a much larger rotor/caliper combo on the front. Big beefy rotors.

Wish I had this option. Easier to just swap in a set of GU axles and probably cheaper to just buy a GU. I'll have to take a closer look at the caliper and rotors on an 80 one day. I never considered going adapting an 80 series rotor and caliper when i tried modding a North American caliper to fit the Safari a couple years ago. I do know the stock 15" 80 series rims do not clear my front caliper - so the caliper being too big will not be an issue.

Doing this on my dads truck right now, going with Raybestos front calipers for the same price as OEM in the states why not and they some semi loaded compared to OEM.

Front rotors are cheaper now as prices dropped in the states.

I can pull up the prices I paid later.

From a wicked parts guy on here, not trying to pump his tires but ya know...

04465-60220 - 100 Series Pad Kit 58.49 US
43512-60090 - 93+ Front Rotor's 59.48 x 2 = 118.96

You might as well re-pack your bearings while your in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom