Wanted Hdj81 1hdt torque converter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
looking to buy a hdj81 torque converter for 1hdt without overdrive a442f fully hydraulic tranny

The A442F is an overdrive transmission .....

What’s wrong with your torque converter?

Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers

Torque converter needs a rebuild or replacement. It shifts when the tranny is cold but when temp goes up it doesnt shift anymore.

I highly doubt that's a torque converter issue. Replacing it is an ABSOLUTE waste of your time because it won't fix anything.

georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers

What do u think it is?
I highly doubt that's a torque converter issue. Replacing it is an ABSOLUTE waste of your time because it won't fix anything.

georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers
What do u think it is? Ive had my mechanic check the transmission already? Its got very little metal wear after draining all the fluids.

This intrigues me. When you say it won't shift, you mean the transmission won't shift, or that the torque converter won't lock up? Two totally different issues. If the TC won't lock up, then you're probably seeing some really high transmission temps. How do I know? I have the same problem that has gone un-diagnosed for several years.

I had the same problem. Torque converter s*** the bed... took out the pump then the valve body....

Ah I gotcha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom