HDJ80/81 Factory Service Manuals (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know if the FSM published in 1990 would work accurately for a 1992 model?

1624554166024.png

They didn't change much till 93 so you will be ok. And because they are sold in so many markets, they often show you the specs for various markets or models. The "General" market is very broad .
Do you have a Japanese or European model?

Any particular area of the vehicle you're interested in checking on? I've got all the manuals. Planning to scan them when I can get the time. Changes did occur during the 92 production year, first in January and again in August.

They didn't change much till 93 so you will be ok. And because they are sold in so many markets, they often show you the specs for various markets or models. The "General" market is very broad .
Do you have a Japanese or European model?
Its a pre August JDM HDJ81 with a full Hydro A442f.

Its a pre August JDM HDJ81 with a full Hydro A442f.
You could probably use an (ARL)Australian manual. They are both RHD , although manuals are suitable for L and RH. The differences in them are minor and are often about accessories.

To save room on long trips, I always carried a Gregorys No 513 manual. I have never found its information ambiguous, although the pics were often poor quality. It covered the 80 series from 90-98. It doesn't have the long form electrical schematics like the factory manuals. I think they are the best non toyota manual you can get.

1624707621076.png

Any particular area of the vehicle you're interested in checking on? I've got all the manuals. Planning to scan them when I can get the time. Changes did occur during the 92 production year, first in January and again in August.
Do you have FSM for JDM 95 HDJ81? I am trying to find or scan, Currently trying to install diff lock 4wd ECU, can’t find location on the RHD model. Any help appreciated.

A few pictures if it helps:
20220102_153911.jpg

20220102_153930.jpg

Excuse the dust, I've never been that interested in keeping my vehicles in showroom condition.

My rig also didn't have factory lockers, I added that control unit later, but the dash wiring was already there for it. The same should be true on the JDM models I would expect. The way to be sure would be to check if you can find the connector for the diff lock switch next to the steering wheel. If that plug is there, the connector for the 4wd ecu will be too. It might be taped back and up a bit, but it'll be there somewhere.

Other wiring is another story. You'll probably find the floor wiring harness on the passenger side is missing the contacts to connect the diff locker in the rear. The front should be there, but the rear is probably missing. The wiring you can see in my pictures above wrapped in blue electrical tape is where I grafted in the diff locker wiring from an older harness which had them populated. Also the harness running under the floor at the rear is probably missing the connectors and wiring. If you have access to a rig with this gear, pull those wiring harnesses too, not just the short runs to the actuators on each diff housing.

A few pictures if it helps:
View attachment 2881521
View attachment 2881522
Excuse the dust, I've never been that interested in keeping my vehicles in showroom condition.

My rig also didn't have factory lockers, I added that control unit later, but the dash wiring was already there for it. The same should be true on the JDM models I would expect. The way to be sure would be to check if you can find the connector for the diff lock switch next to the steering wheel. If that plug is there, the connector for the 4wd ecu will be too. It might be taped back and up a bit, but it'll be there somewhere.

Other wiring is another story. You'll probably find the floor wiring harness on the passenger side is missing the contacts to connect the diff locker in the rear. The front should be there, but the rear is probably missing. The wiring you can see in my pictures above wrapped in blue electrical tape is where I grafted in the diff locker wiring from an older harness which had them populated. Also the harness running under the floor at the rear is probably missing the connectors and wiring. If you have access to a rig with this gear, pull those wiring harnesses too, not just the short runs to the actuators on each diff housing.
Ok thanks! I have the CDL switch in dash standard. So from the parts vehicle I took the rear section from below gas fill that runs diff lock and rear lighting to make that exchange. The piece under hood down to front diff has been added. Now it is just to find a female connector on passenger left hand side. I removed glove box, not found. The area like in your photo where it s blue over split loom, is that what I need coming from under the carpet? Or will it come from above?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom