Has anyone Upsized their FJ tires without adding a lift? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

EAST TX FJ said:
oh i forgot to ask does the full size spare look like it is gonna rub anywhere?

It seems to clear the bumper by about 1/2" ant the window by a little less but both are ok. I was going to air it down to 15 psi if it was tight to see if I gained enough room to fit it but as it turned out, I didn't need to :)

For price: (In Canadian) Dealership took my stock tires and upgraded to these for $179 CAD each (converts to about $157 USD).

I just put 295x70x17 Nitto Terra Grapplers on my unlifted FJ......spare fits with no issues....clearance over bumper and for window.

On highway no issues unless turning or going into driveway then front tires hit the protruding portion from frame in rear lower section of fenderwell.

I am hoping a lift will be enough or should I just to the cut and grind like some have....and not worry about lift for a bit.

Comments? I will get pics of tires on FJ tomorrow....

The only reason to lift in my mind is so you can fit bigger tires. The bigger tires is really where you get better ground clearance from, although having the body further from the group helps prevent damage too. Personally I'll be glad to have 285's on there with no lift, until I get some heavier bumpers and need to off-set the extra weight.

33' tire rub

I have a 07 fj and was running stock 265/70/17 wheels with no prob. I then went with cooper discoverer STT tires and had to add a 3 inch lift and I also had the body mount chopped. (tires rubbed at full turn). another thing to think about when modding to a different wheel....the company may say they fit, but you better check the size of your brake caliper. I had a big TRD on mine and the wheel i selected hit it. The only solution was to go with spidertrac spacers. They are making the fj look better. With the fj....one way to find out if they fit.....put them on and go from there.:bang:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom