Hard top threaded holes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In the planning process of cutting down my 40 to 45 ish length. What are these three threaded holes in the hardtop used for? Any benefit to keeping them. I can cut the top two ways, the latter would keep the holes. They would land above/below the pop out window after the chop.

Thoughts? Thanks.

20220919_114905.jpg

If you are talking about the holes on the raised portions above and below the window, those are for the seatbelt.

Seat belt mounting points. Bottom two are for the retractor. Top is for the shoulder belt loop. The top hole remained on hard tops even into the 80s for the non-US market which didn't have a roll bar mounting option.

The bottom section was used on 40 series that didn't have a roll bar but had three point seat belts. 2/78 US market the seat belts moved to the roll bar. 1/76-2/78 US had them on the hard top. I removed those lower bracket from a wrecked Australian 84 HJ47RV.

Ok. Makes sense. That's what I assumed initially, but my 40 had lap belts only. I figured the 3 point harness was a later addition and would have been roll cage mounted.

Still 50/50 on if I want to keep them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom