Hard Decision! Would like your opinions... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know this is the best place to get people's opinions, so here goes....

Let me first say I love my LC and would keep it if I could. However it's my work car and my company has started to enforce their guidelines. I'm in sales and receive a car allowance. So if I don't get within the guidelines I lose it.

Unfortunately that means I'm needing to replace the LC with something less than 7 years old.

My qualifications for the next vehicle are as follows:

2011 or newer
Around 100k miles or less (I put around 40k a year, would like to keep it for 2 years)
4x4
Able to tow 5k
No more than $25k

So the question is: What would you drive if you had to replace your LC?

Sad question I know.

Keep the LC, buy a Civic or Corolla or Prius. Bank the savings from better MPG out of your allowance, and put the savings towards LC parts.

:D

Thanks @YotaJosh. I've thought about that, but my company actually pays my gas as well. Also don't know how I feel about paying insurance on a luxury car ( according to the insurance company) and not drive it that much. I like my company car to be large enough to carry the family and gear for trips. It's not going to be an easy decision. I was really hoping to keep it long enough to save up for a 200 series. They are finally getting within reason.

Really debating on a 4Runner, Sequoia or Tundra. The only down side to this the 4runner is size and v6. With the Sequoia, there's not many 4x4s around.

Thought someone else might have an out of the box idea.

I like having a spare vehicle on hand. If I were given an allowance I would drive whatever is most nimble and comfortable for work purposes. On the weekend or whenever else I would grin like a Cheshire Cat while driving my Cruiser.

I would also ditch the insurance company that thinks a 13yr old Cruiser is "luxury".

I agree. Keep the cruiser, get something for work only. My situation is a little different because I'm provided a work vehicle but like Mark said, I like to have my own incase something were to happen. Shop around for insurance if you feel you are getting ripped off.

Your "no more than 25k" and "newer than 2011" eliminates good Tundras and Sequoias. If you chose one of these, be thankful you're not buying the majority of the gas.

4runner should meet your needs. Towing 5k shouldn't be a problem. Tacoma would be a good choice too.

Go for the 4Runner!

Thanks everyone. I'm starting to lean towards getting a Camry or some type of car and keeping the LC. At first I was totally against this manly because I've not owned a car in over 13 years. Second I was in a car accident 9 years ago and have had back issues ever since. Trucks and SUVs were the only thing I felt comfortable in.

Thanks everyone. I'm starting to lean towards getting a Camry or some type of car and keeping the LC. At first I was totally against this manly because I've not owned a car in over 13 years. Second I was in a car accident 9 years ago and have had back issues ever since. Trucks and SUVs were the only thing I felt comfortable in.

I was also in your camp...got rid of my cruiser for a car for better mileage...probably one of the dumber things I've done...but if you can have both a car and the cruiser, that's probably a win-win...

With that said, I hate to say it, but avoid the Camry...get a Subaru Outback or Legacy...much nicer, all-wheel drive, good visibility/ground clearance, build quality is outstanding, safety record is beyond reproach (eyesight) and resale is great

I was also in your camp...got rid of my cruiser for a car for better mileage...probably one of the dumber things I've done...but if you can have both a car and the cruiser, that's probably a win-win...

With that said, I hate to say it, but avoid the Camry...get a Subaru Outback or Legacy...much nicer, all-wheel drive, good visibility/ground clearance, build quality is outstanding, safety record is beyond reproach (eyesight) and resale is great

I was actually thinking about a Subaru. The legacy looks nice. I had an Outback years ago and liked it.

Just curious if anyone would change their minds knowing my wife drives a GX.

Buy a Lexus GX 470. They are cheap right now!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom