Happy Holidays (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good year looking forward to to 2020, happy holidays and new year.

Any plans for 2020?

Me and the wife are planning a run to Alaska in the HDJ81. Lots of plans for the 81 series, sliders, skid plates, rear bumper, pulling out the OME lift and putting in the slinky lift,

Pushing the front axle forward 1.5 inches to run Jays old 37s which are like new, also interior ideas for sleeping and cooking.

Intercooler and trans cooler on the list and if I had some extra money the extreme valve body and torque converter would be next. I do really like the auto alot....

Ditto on the hoho.
Alaska would be a cool trip. Mel spent a lot of time up there with her old job. Juneau I think? Whichever town has the infamous "P Bar" :lol:

Nothing so adventurous for me. Get Rhubarb fully functional, so I can take it to home despot or work without wondering if something will fall off or if I'll get pulled over.

At least no more than usual in a s***ty old toyota. :p

One of these years I'll have to make a decision on the hj61. My love/hate meter swings wildly with the crusty old lump.
I met a guy with a Canadian bj70 he plans to take the drive train from. It makes a guy think about a 12ht70 which would be kinda fun if I can convince him to sell me the carcass and by some miracle it isn't completely ratfucked.

Shorter term plans... there's a ridiculous amount of food and booze in the house today. :hillbilly:

Merry Christmas to you all.

Andrew S, a couple of other buddies and I tackled Whipsaw in September 2019 and It was such a good time we are going to make a good run like that a yearly thing. For 2020 we are thinking Molyibdonite ridge on the way through Lillooet then up to the Taseko Lakes.

I have to say the mainland guys are really spoiled with the choices, lack of ferries and nonexistence of gates.

I spent the day working on the intercooler, finally got the short adapter velocity stack finished.
Mocked up the cold air side. Lots of finicky stuff. Plan to drive the wheels off it in N BC this
year. Possible job action in 2020, trip to W Aus. Depending on how job stuff works out.

3629798C-0973-4420-AD31-1CE6954F1DA6.jpeg
2F109E4D-6BB7-4FF7-9081-A3866F6DD824.jpeg
6176ECD4-3319-412E-9434-85CEB3BF9E89.jpeg
E30531B6-38D5-47CE-819C-3068C511EC38.jpeg

Merry Christmas to you all.

Andrew S, a couple of other buddies and I tackled Whipsaw in September 2019 and It was such a good time we are going to make a good run like that a yearly thing. For 2020 we are thinking Molyibdonite ridge on the way through Lillooet then up to the Taseko Lakes.

I have to say the mainland guys are really spoiled with the choices, lack of ferries and nonexistence of gates.

Jebus man I have not seen Andrew for years, drove his truck through a tough section when he was pretty new to the wheeling gig. I think that was the first big run for you in the BJ60, remember you sliding your rain gutters on a tree..

Jim Js boy Shayde did that loop through Molyibdonite ridge, pictures looked fantastic what cool terrain. Never done the Whipsaw either and think that should be a trip to do this year..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom